Registration for the Nerd Walk is free, and includes a commemorative limited edition t-shirt of this year's winning design. T-shirts will be available for pickup by registrants upon check-in at the Nerd Walk. Details to follow via email.
PBS Nerd Video Submission Guidelines
Everyone is a nerd for something. At Arizona PBS, we don't shy away from our nerd status, we embrace it! From exploring fractal geometry to whipping up a crème brûlée. – from Austin City Limits to happy little trees, Eight is the original sanctuary of desert dwellers and their obsessive, intelligent pursuits.
Nerds of all stripes are welcome to enter, and one lucky individual will earn the title of the 2013 Nerd-in-Chief!
We are excited to announce that our PBS Nerd Video Submission contest is now accessible across several social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, etc. Submissions via these outlets require the inclusion of two tags: #PBSNerd and @arizonapbs. Once you have posted/shared your video via a social media outlet, please post a link on our facebook page: facebook.com/arizonapbs to ensure your submission.
For example, if you upload a video on Instagram make sure you also post a link on our facebook page: facebook.com/arizonapbs. Your submission will only be counted once your link is posted on our facebook wall.
The top four videos with the most ‘likes’ on our facebook wall will receive a $50 Bookmans Entertainment Exchange gift card and will be in the running to be crowned ‘PBS Nerd-in-Chief 2013.’
On Tuesday, October 15th 2013 at the preview screening of the new PBS documentary series, Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle, the top four videos with the most 'likes' will be shown on screen for the audience to vote for “PBS Nerd-in-Chief 2013.”
This video submission contest is YOUR opportunity to share individual passions with your fellow PBS Nerd community.
Here are the video core requirements:
1. What are you a NERD for?
2. What inspires YOU to nerd out?
3. Will we see you at the 2013 PBS Nerd Walk Oct. 19th?
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. You may enter this drawing by submitting your 0:15-1:00-minute-long video entry via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, etc. Submissions posted on social media outlets require two tags: #PBSNerd and @arizonapbs. Once you have posted/shared your video via a social media outlet, please post a link on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/arizonapbs to ensure your submission. No other method of entry will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. Incomplete entries are void.
- Time. Entries will be accepted through October 10, 2013. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (MST) on October 10.
- Selection of Finalists. Four (4) finalists will be chosen from among all eligible entries received during Sweepstakes period based on total number of likes their video entries receive on our Facebook page. All entries must be posted on our wall by October 10, as verified by Eight’s Membership Promotions Department. The “Provisional Finalists” will be notified by email. If direct contact with all four “Provisional Finalists” cannot be made after twenty-four (24) hours from first notification attempt or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited and alternate finalists will be selected by next highest number of likes as described above.
- Prize. Each finalist will receive a $50 Bookmans Entertainment Exchange gift card, and will be eligible to have their video shown at the PBS Superheroes event October 15th in downtown Phoenix, where they will be in the running for the grand prize of the title of PBS Nerd-in-Chief for the 2013 PBS Nerd Walk. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all prizes are subject to availability and Eight may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Award of Prize is subject to Winner's proof of eligibility, including proof of residency. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable.
- Eligibility Requirements. Subject to conditions below, the PBS Nerd Video Sweepstakes ( the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Except where prohibited, entry into Sweepstakes and acceptance of Prize constitutes Winner's consent to use his/her name and likeness in any media whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to comply with these Official Rules and with the decisions of Eight which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including (without limitation) all decisions regarding eligibility, the selection of Finalists and Winners, the award of Prizes and the administration of all Sweepstakes related drawings and events. If he/she fails for any reason to timely return the required Release and/or proof of residency, he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: (a) employees of Eight, their respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Winner's Responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all expenses not specifically mentioned and for payment and reporting of applicable federal, state and local taxes relating to Prize. Winner must accept Prize within 90 days of notification that he/she has been declared the Winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize.
- Additional Information. For name of Official Winners (available after October 15) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Eight Membership Promotions Office, 555 North Central Avenue, Suite 500, Phoenix, AZ, 85004.
Support for the Arizona PBS Nerd Walk provided by: