Eight delivers… you'll see that message more frequently on air, online, and in the Eight Magazine. It's our promise to you to continue to deliver groundbreaking, high quality programming; in-depth analysis of local issues; safe, educational viewing for your children; and educational outreach initiatives to enrich Arizona's future.
We know it is your support – for more than 50 years now – that makes all our accomplishments possible.
Eight Delivers… Access
- Eight delivers… Across Arizona.
- Approximately 80% of Arizona households can watch Eight's quality programming on Multiple Digital TV channels – Channels 8.1, 8.2 & 8.3.
- Each week, more than 1 million Arizonans tune in to watch Eight.
- Eight delivers … Local Perspective and Control. Arizona PBS is virtually the last locally-owned media in Arizona. Eight is all about community service – not profit making. Eight is an independent, local channel that is free from commercial influence.
- Eight delivers… Beyond Television. Eight's website (www.azpbs.org) draws about 40,000 visitors each month with thousands downloading pages of information from the site as well as podcasts and online video. Eight's monthly program magazine is sent to more than 40,000 households. Eight also conducts educational outreach services and community-based initiatives. In partnership with Arizona State University, Eight serves as a trusted, independent catalyst for community involvement.
Eight Delivers… Excellence
- Eight delivers… Breadth and Depth in High Quality Programming. We specialize in the education of children, provision of unbiased news and public affairs programs, opportunities for lifelong learning, and the celebration of the arts, science and culture.
- Eight delivers… Education.
- PBS is the foremost media educator of children… 10 hours each weekday is devoted to high-quality educational programming for children.
- Arizona teachers have participated in over 330,000 hours of online learning through PBS TeacherLine.
- The nation's educators named PBS their top source of video in the classroom for both off-air taping and product purchase, outperforming such well-known media companies as the Discovery Channel, History Channel and Nickelodeon.
- Eight delivers… A Safe Environment for Family Viewing. Eight's viewers feel that Eight offers programming that is safe to watch with children without obscene language, images, and commercial messages for products for adult consumers.
Eight Delivers… Impact
- Eight delivers… Trust. PBS is the #1 most trusted media in America and is considered the best use of federal tax dollars (2011 Public Policy Polling).
- Eight delivers… Award-winning Programming.
- Over the past decade, Eight has chalked up more than 42 Rocky Mountain Emmy Awards, as well as numerous Telly Awards, Cine Gold Eagle Awards, the New York Festivals awards and Associated Press Broadcasters Association Awards honoring many local productions including The Latest Procedure: Anterior Total Hip Replacement, Monumental, Arizona, Over Arizona, Barry Goldwater: Photographs & Memories, Check, Please! Arizona and ASU Discovers: New Perspectives on Research.
- HORIZON received the 1996 Governor's Award from the Arizona Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. This special Emmy is the chapter's highest honor. The program was also recognized as Arizona Capitol Times’ 2011 Leader of the Year in Public Policy.
- Eight delivers… Transparency. You can see what your individual contribution to Eight is used for each and every day… just turn on your TV (or computer).
Arizona needs at least one independent, non-commercial, non-profit, community-service TV station. Children should have at least one safe source for quality, interruption-free, educational TV. Truly balanced and unbiased public affairs programming is found on the most trusted TV station in Arizona – Eight. Our arts and cultural programs are the biggest and the best — without interruption. Eight has something for everyone … especially you.
2014 Report to the Community (PDF)
For 11th year, PBS named most trusted institution (PDF)
for Sponsors (PDF)
Hire the Pros