February 13, 2014
Host: José Cárdenas
Arizona Minority Student Progress Report 2013: Arizona in Transition
- The Arizona Minority Education Policy Analysis Center (AMEPAC) completed the “Arizona Minority Student Progress Report 2013: Arizona in Transition.” The report provides a current snapshot of the educational achievement of minority students in Arizona, from Pre-K through postsecondary education. Executive Director for the Arizona Business and Education Coalition, Susan Carlson and Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost for Maricopa Community College District, Maria Harper-Marinick discuss the report.
educational achievement of minority students in Arizona, from Pre-K through postsecondary education.
- Susan Carlson - Executive Director, Arizona Business and Education Coalition
- Maria Harper-Marinick - Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, Maricopa Community College District
| Keywords: education
- Jim Estrada, president and CEO of Estrada Communications Group, Inc. and author of "The ABCs and Ñ of America's Cultural Evolution: A Primer on the Growing Influence of Hispanics, Latinos, and Mestizos in the USA" talks about economic reasons to learn Latino history and culture.
- Jim Estrada - President and CEO, Estrada Communications Group, Inc.
| Keywords: culture
- Laura Pastor, the new Phoenix city councilwoman for District 4, talks about her plans for her term in office.
- Laura Pastor - Councilwoman, District 4
| Keywords: government