April 25, 2013
Host: José Cárdenas
Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Black and White Ball and Business Awards
- The 55th Annual Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Annual Black and White Ball and Business Awards honors community and business leaders statewide. President and CEO for the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Gonzalo de la Melena Junior, will discuss details about the event.
Category: Vote 2010
- Gonzalo de la Melena Junior - President and CEO, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
| Keywords: ball
Arizona's Economic Impact of Citizenship vs. Permanent Residency
- The ASU Morrison Institute Latino Public Policy Center released a report, "Citizenship or Something Less? Economic Implications for Arizona," which examines the economic impact on Arizona depending on framework options for national immigration reform: legal residency vs. U.S. citizenship. Learn more about the report from Chief Researcher and Author Mike Slaven, a ASU Morrison Institute policy analyst.
- Mike Slaven - Chief Researcher and Author, ASU Morrison Institute
| Keywords: immigration
Latino Teens and Diabetes
- "ASU Every Little Step Counts", is a study that will examine the effects of a community-based diabetes prevention program for Latino adolescents, with the goal of reducing obesity-related health disparities in the population. ASU Southwest Interdisciplinary Research Center (SIRC) faculty research affiliate and assistant professor in the ASU College of Nursing and Health Innovation and the School of Nutrition and Health Promotion and principal investigator of the study, Dr. Gabriel Shaibi, talks about the study.
- Dr. Gabriel Shaibi - Professor and Researcher, ASU
| Keywords: medical