December 15, 2011
Host: Ted Simons
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Investigation
- The U.S. Department of Justice has accused the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office of engaging in a pattern of unconstitutional policing, including racial profiling. Those are some of the findings from the Justice Department’s ongoing civil rights investigation of the agency led by Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Former U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona, Paul Charlton, provides his perspective on this story.
- Paul Charlton - Former U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona
| Keywords: law
Move on When Ready
- 14 Arizona schools are participating in the Move on When Ready initiative designed to prepare students for college and careers as early as their sophomore year of high school. It’s part of a national pilot program that seeks to make American high schools more globally competitive and more responsive to students' individual needs. Learn more about the program from Center for the Future of Arizona Executive Director Dr. Sybil Francis, Yuma Union High School District Superintendent Toni Badone and Helios Education Foundation President and CEO Paul Luna.
- Dr. Sybil Francis - Executive Director, Center for the Future of Arizona
- Toni Badone - Superintendent, Yuma High School District
- Paul Luna - President, CEO, Helios Education Foundation
| Keywords: education