December 28, 2010
Host: Ted Simons
- Researchers at Arizona State University and Phoenix Children's Hospital are working on a brain-computer interface that will allow people to control electronic devices directly with their brain. Stephen Helms Tillery of the ASU School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering will discuss the research on a special Technology and Innovation segment.
- Stephen Helms Tillery - ASU School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering
| Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital
The Science of Magic
- Magic tricks take advantage of how the human brains pay attention to surroundings. Phoenix Barrow Neurological Institute researchers Stephen Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde have traveled the world to study how magicians fool the brain and the science behind that. They will talk about their new book based on that research, "Sleights of Mind," as Tony the Magician performs tricks they will analyze.
- Stephen Macknik - Phoenix Barrow Neurological Institute
- Susana Martinez-Conde - Phoenix Barrow Neurological Institute