June 14, 2010
Host: Ted Simons
Matching Funds Halted
- The U.S. Supreme Court has suspended the distribution of matching funds during the 2010 election cycle. That means Arizona’s publicly-financed “Clean Elections” candidates will not get additional taxpayer dollars to match spending of their traditionally funded opponents. Hear from Nick Dranias, an attorney from the Goldwater Institute who challenged the constitutionality of “matching funds,” and the Executive Director of the Citizens Clean Elections Commission Todd Lang.
Category: Vote 2010
- Nick Dranias - Goldwater Institute
- Todd Lang - Executive Director,Citizens Clean Elections Commission
| Keywords: clean elections
, campaign finance
- University of Arizona researchers are studying why there is much more matter than anti-matter in the universe. Erich Varnes, a member of the research team, explains what they have discovered so far.
- Erich Varnes - University of Arizona
| Keywords: matter
, university of arizona