April 20, 2010
Host: Ted Simons
Economic Development Trip
- A high-powered Arizona delegation, that included the Governor and other political and business leaders, traveled to Washington D.C. to lobby on behalf of Arizona’s aerospace and renewable energy industries. Barry Broome, President and CEO of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council and Karrin Taylor of DMB, an Arizona real estate company tell us what they think the trip accomplished.
- Barry Broome - President and CEO,Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Karrin Taylor,DMB, an Arizona real estate company
- Arizona may soon have the toughest immigration laws in the country if Governor Jan Brewer allows SB 1070 to become law.
First we hear from an opponent of the bill Sheridan Bailey, President of Ironco Enterprises, a steel fabrication company who founded Arizona Employers for Immigration reform. Then we hear from Representative John Kavanagh, a prime sponsor of the legislation.
- Sheridan Bailey - President, Ironco Enterprises
- John Kavanagh - State Representative