November 20, 2012
- VOTE 2012: Election Process | Video
- Two weeks after the election, Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett and Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell look back at what worked, what didn’t, what was learned and what can be done to improve the voting process.
November 8, 2012
- VOTE 2012: Accuracy of the Polls | Video
- Veteran pollsters Bruce Merrill and Mike O’Neil take a look back at the accuracy of polls on the presidential race. They will also discuss which groups of people voted in the election and how they affected the outcome.
November 7, 2012
November 6, 2012
- VOTE 2012: Election Returns and Analysis | Video
- One hour special at 10 p.m. of election returns and analysis with political consultants Wes Gullett of FirstStrategic, Bob Grossfeld of The Media Guys, and Jay Thorne of Jay Thorne Incorporated.
October 31, 2012
- VOTE 2012: Voting on Judges | Video
- Mike Hellon, Chairman of the Arizona Commission on Judicial Performance Review, explains how voters can get informed about the judges who appear on the November ballot.
October 30, 2012
- VOTE 2012: Glendale Prop 457 Debate | Video
- The Glendale City Council passed a 5-year $125 million sales tax increase this summer to address budget shortfalls. Prop 457 is a citizen initiative that would eliminate that temporary tax increase. Glendale City Councilperson Yvonne Knaack speaks in opposition to the proposition. Pat Quinn, former president of Qwest Arizona, speaks in favor of Prop 457.
October 25, 2012
October 24, 2012
October 18, 2012
- Vote 2012: Congressional District 9 Debate | Video
- A live half-hour debate for the candidates seeking to represent Arizona's new Ninth Congressional District. The candidates are Vernon Parker (Republican), Kyrsten Sinema (Democrat) and Powell Gammill (Libertarian).
October 16, 2012
- VOTE 2O12: Independent Voters | Video
- Jackie Salit, the president of Independentvoting.org and author of “Independents Rising” talks about the independent voter movement and its potential impact on future elections.
October 10, 2012
- Vote 2012: U.S. Senate Debate | Video
- Arizona Horizon hosts the first debate for the candidates seeking the U.S. Senate seat of retiring U.S. Senator Jon Kyl. The hour long debate, starting at 5pm, includes the three candidates running for Senate: Republican Congressman Jeff Flake, Democrat Dr. Rich Carmona, and Libertarian Marc Victor.
October 8, 2012
- Vote 2012: Prop 116 (Personal Property Tax) | Video
- Farrell Quinlan, Arizona State Director for the National Federation of Independent Business, explains Prop 116, a constitutional amendment that was referred to the ballot by state lawmakers. Prop 116 raises the personal property tax exemption on newly-acquired business equipment and machinery. The measure has no organized opposition.
- Vote 2012: Prop 117 (Property Value Taxes) Debate | Video
- Prop 117 is a constitutional amendment referred to the ballot by the Arizona Legislature that would limit - to 5% - annual increases in property value which is used to calculate property taxes. Hear from Arizona Tax Research Association President Kevin McCarthy, who supports Prop 117, and Maricopa County Treasurer Charles “Hos” Hoskins, who is opposed to the measure.
October 3, 2012
- Vote 2012: Debate - Prop 120 (State Sovereignty) | Video
- Proposition 120 was placed on the ballot by the state legislature to give the state exclusive control over public lands, air, water, minerals and wildlife in Arizona. Those for the measure say it's an important step in asserting states' rights. Opponents say the state cannot afford to manage the lands, and also say it is unconstitutional. Supporters and opponents debate the merits of the proposition.
October 2, 2012
- Vote 2012: Prop 119 (State Trust Lands) | Video
- Proposition 119 would amend the constitution to allow Arizona to trade state trust land, with various limitations, for other public land. Learn more about this measure, which faces no organized opposition.
October 1, 2012
September 25, 2012
- Vote 2012: Prop 204 (Sales Tax Initiative) | Video
- A measure to permanently extend a one-cent state sales tax is on the November ballot. The Quality Education and Jobs initiative would use that money to pay for education and road, rail, transit and other transportation projects. Ann-Eve Pedersen, Chairman of the Quality Education and Jobs initiative, will speak for the initiative. State Treasurer Doug Ducey will talk in opposition to the measure.
September 18, 2012
- Vote 2012: Proposition 115 (The Judicial Department) | Video
- Proponents and opponents of Prop 115 debate the merits of this constitutional amendment that was referred to the ballot by the Arizona State Legislature. The measure would revise procedures for appointing judges and make various other changes to the judicial system.