May 6, 2013
- Coyotes Arena Costs | Video
- A new report reveals the cost to operate the Coyotes Home Arena, Jobbing.Com Arena, is millions less than the Glendale City Council was willing to pay potential operators. Paul Giblin of the Arizona Republic tells us more.
March 18, 2013
- Arizona Diamondbacks | Video
- The Arizona Diamondbacks regular season gets underway soon. Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall will give us a preview of the season.
February 21, 2013
- Cactus League | Video
- Every year, the Cactus League allows Arizona residents to get a close-up view of their favorite baseball stars and pumps millions of dollars into the economy from visitors who come to see the teams play. Cactus League President Mark Coronado will tell us more about the Cactus League, which gets underway this week.
February 4, 2013
- Phoenix Coyotes update | Video
- Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers will discuss the future of the Phoenix Coyotes staying in Glendale, now that a deal to keep the team there has fallen through.
January 31, 2013
- Arizona ArtBeat: Golf Course Design | Video
- With the 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament in full swing, we take a look at the art of golf course design with Forrest Richardson, a golf course architect.
January 29, 2013
- Phoenix Coyotes update | Video
- A group looking to buy the Phoenix Coyotes and keep the team in Glendale has until the end of January to close the deal. Mike Sunnucks, with the Phoenix Business Journal, gives an update on the deal.
November 8, 2012
- Social Impact of Title-9 | Video
- Title-9 celebrates its 40th anniversary. Head coach of ASU's Women's Basketball Team Charli Turner Thorne, talks about the landmark legislation. Video clip of Ann Meyers Drysdale, a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, speaks about Title-9.
October 15, 2012
- Arizona Fall League 20th Anniversary | Video
- For the past 20 years, every major league baseball team has sent its top prospects to Arizona for further player development in the Arizona Fall League. Learn more about the history and purpose of the league from the longtime baseball executive who’s credited as its architect, Roland Hemond. In 2011, Hemond was awarded the Buck O’Neil Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum’s Board of Directors.
July 17, 2012
- Phoenix Coyotes Arena Deal Referendum | Video
- Glendale City Attorney Craig Tindall explains why the city rejected petitions calling for a referendum on the City’s arena lease deal with a potential buyer of the Phoenix Coyotes, and where the City goes from here.
June 27, 2012
- College Football Playoffs | Video
- Fiesta Bowl Executive Director Robert Shelton talks about the new college football playoff system that’s set to begin in 2014 and what it could mean for the Fiesta Bowl.
- Glendale & the Phoenix Coyotes Deal | Video
- Joyce Clark, a member of the Glendale City Council, discusses the City’s arena agreement with a potential buyer of the Phoenix Coyotes.
June 11, 2012
- Glendale-Coyotes Deal | Video
- The City of Glendale is expected to approve a 20-year, $300 Million deal to keep the Coyotes in Glendale. Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal explains the details.
May 8, 2012
- Selling the Phoenix Coyotes | Video
- The NHL has announced a preliminary agreement to sell the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of buyers led by former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison. Phoenix Business Journal reporter Mike Sunnucks explains what must happen to formalize the agreement.
May 1, 2012
- BCS Championship | Video
- The BCS has recommended a four-team championship series to replace the current controversial system to determine a champion in college football. Robert Shelton, Executive Director of the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the new plan and how the Fiesta Bowl may be involved.
April 23, 2012
- Phoenix Coyotes Sale Imminent? | Video
- As the Phoenix Coyotes try to advance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, an ownership group is attempting to buy the team from the NHL and keep it in Arizona. Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal has the latest developments in this story.
April 3, 2012
- Arizona Diamondbacks New Season | Video
- Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the home team and their surprising success from last year, the high expectations for the upcoming season and the record-breaking numbers of last month's Spring Training.
March 29, 2012
March 1, 2012
- Society for American Baseball Research | Video
- The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) moved its headquarters from Cleveland to Phoenix in 2011. SABR Executive Director Marc Appleman explains why SABR is a good fit in Arizona.
- Cactus League History | Video
- Susie Steckner, author of the new book Cactus League: Spring Training, and Cactus League expert Rodney Johnson talk about the rich history of Arizona’s Cactus League.
February 28, 2012
- Fast Pitch Philanthropy | Video
- On March 6th Social Venture Partners is holding its "2nd Annual Fast Pitch Social Innovation Expo." It’s the culmination of a seven-week training and mentoring program for innovative nonprofits that are effecting social change. Finalists have three minutes to make a “pitch” that could earn their nonprofit $100,000 in funding. SVP Executive Director Terri Wogan talks about the program.
February 22, 2012
- AZ Technology and Innovation: The Science of Baseball | Video
- The Arizona SciTech Festival has over 250 events statewide. One upcoming event takes a look at the science of baseball. Arizona State University Psychology Professor Michael McBeath will talk about the SciTech event, “Spring Training Festival: The Mad Science of Baseball.”
January 4, 2012
- Fiesta Bowl
- Oklahoma State’s thrilling overtime victory over Stanford was just what the Fiesta Bowl needed as the organization continues to repair its reputation that was tarnished by scandal. The Fiesta Bowl’s new executive director Robert Shelton explains what the organization is doing to win the public’s trust.
October 25, 2011
- Arizona Fall League | Video
- Now in its 20th season, the Arizona Fall League has been preparing Major League Baseball’s hottest minor league prospects to move up to the big leagues. AFL Executive Director Steve Cobb talks about the league’s first two decades.