Search Results for: wind
December 3, 2014
- Political Contributions and Taxes | Video
- A new study by Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business shows that campaign contributions do help businesses. The report shows that companies making campaign contributions specifically to tax-writing members of Congress wind up paying lower tax rates over time. Assistant Professor Jennifer Brown of the W. P. Carey School of Business, one of the study authors, will talk about the report.
November 13, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: Arizona Science Center Exhibit | Video
- The Arizona Science Center has a new exhibit that’s all about designing, creating and inventing. “Imaginate” is a completely hands-on exhibit that encourages kids to test out their ideas and theories. The 8,000 square-foot exhibit features a paper plane making station, a wind tunnel, dance room and stop-motion filmmaking. The exhibit runs through January 5th. We’ll give you a video tour.
July 23, 2013
- Focus on Sustainability: Wind Energy Project | Video
- U.S. Secretary of Interior Sally Jewel recently announced the approval of a massive new wind energy project in Arizona. The Mohave County Wind Farm will create up to 500 megawatts of electricity, enough for 175,000 homes. It will also create 750 jobs. The project, proposed by BP Wind Energy North America, will have up to 243 wind turbines on federal lands. It will be located about 40 miles northwest of Kingman. Ray Suazo, the State Director for the Arizona Bureau of Land Management office, will talk about the new project.
May 9, 2013
- Bipartisan Legislative Update | Video
- Republican and Democratic state lawmakers will talk about the issues facing lawmakers as they attempt to wind up their session. Senate Majority Leader John McComish; Senate Minority Leader Leah Landrum Taylor, House Speaker Pro Tempore Javan "J.D.” Mesnard; and House Minority Leader Chad Campbell will discuss issues such as Medicaid expansion.
November 11, 2011
February 2, 2011
- Technology & Innovation: Compressed Air Energy Storage | Video
- Researchers at the University of Arizona are looking at how to use compressed air to store solar and wind power. Professor Pierre Deymier, director of the School of Sustainable Engineered Systems at the University of Arizona, and graduate student Krishna Muralidharan discuss the project.
June 23, 2008
- Made In Arizona | Video
- The first in a four-part series, HORIZON highlights products that are made in Arizona. Tonight we feature the Paolo Soleri Wind Bells, made at Cosanti in Paradise Valley.
January 29, 2007
- super Bowl
- As members of the Super Bowl Host Committee head to Miami this week to watch the wind-up to the game this Sunday, we talk with a member of the committee who was instrumental in getting the 2008 Super Bowl for Glendale, Michael Bidwell, Vice President/General Counsel for the Arizona Cardinals.