Search Results for: wildfire
April 22, 2014
- Wildfire Update | Video
- Arizona’s Wildfire season is expected to start early because of a dry winter. Wildfire reporter Jim Cross of KTAR radio will give us an update.
December 4, 2013
- Around Arizona: Yarnell Hill Fire Report | Video
- The Arizona Division of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration is releasing its report on the Yarnell Hill Fire, which killed 19 firefighters. Jim Cross, who covers wildfires for KTAR radio, will discuss the report.
October 1, 2013
- Yarnell Hill Fire Report | Video
- A report was released by the Arizona State Forestry Division on the Yarnell Hill Fire, which killed 19 firefighters. Wildfire expert Jim Paxon, currently of the Arizona Game and Fish Department, will discuss the report.
July 1, 2013
- Yarnell Fire Tragedy | Video
- It’s the worst firefighter tragedy in Arizona history and the third worst in the U.S. history. A fire near Yarnell has claimed the lives of 19 firefighters and has destroyed half of the 500 structures in Yarnell. Jim Paxon, who became the face and voice of the Rodeo-Chediski Fire that ravaged Arizona forests in 2002, will talk about the tragedy and firefighting policy.
June 5, 2013
- Wildfire Season | Video
- A federal report out in May indicates that Arizona’s wildfire season is expected to run a normal course. KTAR reporter Jim Cross, who extensively covers the wildfire season, will talk about the dangers facing the state this summer from wildfires.
May 14, 2012
- Arizona Wildfire Update | Video
- Helen Graham, Deputy Fire Staff Officer for the Tonto National Forest, provides an update on Arizona’s current wildfires and a forecast for the summer fire season.
June 1, 2006
- Wildfire Update
- We've had four wildfires in the past week in Arizona. State Land Department Forester Kirk Rowdabaugh will talk about the current fire situation and the upcoming fire season.
June 30, 2005
- Wildfire Update
- The Cave Creek Complex fire has grown to over 150,000 acres. There are seven other wildfires burning in our state right now of 100 acres or more. Kirk Rowdabaugh of the State Land Department offers an update on the fire situation.
May 23, 2005
- Fire! Part one of four
- We begin a four-part series on the danger of wildfire. Tonight, how big fires have changed the way we fight them.