Search Results for: welfare
December 5, 2013
- CPS Forum | Video
- Following the discovery of 6,000 uninvestigated child abuse cases, hundreds of people showed up at a forum in Phoenix Tuesday to talk about problems with Child Protective Services. The forum was spearheaded by the Children’s Action Alliance, and Beth Rosenberg, the director of Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice Policy for the Alliance, will discuss what people talked about at the forum.
February 5, 2013
- Child Welfare Reform | Video
- Maricopa County and its court system have come up with a new plan to deal with infants and toddlers who go through the child welfare system. The new system strives to help the parents of infants and toddlers with parenting skills and make sure that the babies receive the care they need. Judge Aimee Anderson will discuss the new “Cradle 2 Crayons Child Welfare Center.”
November 5, 2012
October 9, 2012
- Child Welfare Investigations | Video
- Arizona’s Department of Economic Services is opening an Office of Child Welfare Investigations at the end of the year. The new unit will coordinate with statewide local law enforcement and CPS case managers on cases of severe child abuse and/or neglect from which criminal allegations or charges may arise. Learn more about it from DES Director Clarence Carter and veteran Phoenix Police Detective Gregory McKay, who was selected to lead the new investigative unit.
December 15, 2008
- Government Assistance | Video
- In these tough economic times, the need for government assistance is increasing. Pat Harrington of the Arizona Department of Economic Security will talk about the increased demand for unemployment benefits and Judith Fritsch of D.E.S. will talk about the increased need for other services such as food stamps, medical insurance and welfare.
February 19, 2008
- CPS Bills | Video
- state lawmakers are working on legislation to make certain records on child-welfare cases and court proceedings more accessible and to improve communications in Arizona's Child Protective Services. The proposals are part of a number of bills dealing with CPS.