Search Results for: walk
April 14, 2014
- MAG Demographic Map Viewer | Video
- The Maricopa Association of Governments has created several interactive maps that give a variety of key information for the Phoenix Metro area. Businesses and other groups can search individual areas to get information on land use, population density, percentage of minority groups, bikeways and much more. Anubhav Bagley, MAG Information Services Manager, will walk us through the map viewer.
April 4, 2014
- Literary Special | Video
- Hear from two top-selling authors about their newest works. International bestseller Bill Bryson, author of “A Walk in the Woods, A Short History of Nearly Everything, At Home,” will talk about his latest book, “One Summer: America, 1927.” Thomas Moore, author of the bestselling “Care of the Soul,” will talk about his new book, “A Religion of One's Own: A Guide to Creating a Personal Spirituality in a Secular World.”
October 9, 2013
- Author Bill Bryson | Video
- International bestseller Bill Bryson, author of “A Walk in the Woods, A Short History of Nearly Everything, At Home,” will talk about his latest book, “One Summer: America, 1927.” His new book details historical events of that summer.
April 12, 2012
- Citizenship Counts | Video
- The Phoenix-based nonprofit Citizenship Counts is spreading its message of the value of American citizenship, and the rights and responsibilities that go along with it, to the Nation’s youth with a cross-country bike ride and walk. Learn more about it from Alysa Ullman, executive director and founder of Citizenship Counts.
October 29, 2009
July 21, 2009
- Dr. Bernard Harris | Video
- Ted Simons talks with Dr. Bernard Harris, the first African-American to walk in space. Dr. Harris is also the founder of the Harris Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports math and science education and crime prevention programs for children. The Foundation is co-sponsor of the ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Summer Science Camp taking place at ASU.
April 24, 2008
- Walk Like MADD | Video
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving will hold a national �Walk Like MADD� event on Saturday, April 26th to raise funds for the anti-drunk driving group. The president of the local MADD organization and the president of UMADD, an Arizona State University anti-drunk driving organization, will talk about the event and efforts to combat drunk driving.
October 3, 2005
- Walk to Shool
- Children and parents around the world celebrate International Walk to School Day on October 5th. The purpose of the day is to bring visibility to walking and biking conditions and inspire positive health and safety by walking to school. Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman joins Michael Grant to talk about his city's successful Walk to School Day campaign.
April 27, 2005
- Domestic Violence
- Thousands walk the walk on Saturday to end domestic violence, and another step in the right direction, a new bill dealing with spousal rape is signed by the Governor this week.