Search Results for: wage
February 18, 2013
- National Minimum Wage | Video
- President Barack Obama proposed a $9-an-hour national minimum wage in his State of the Union Speech. President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry Glenn Hamer and State Sen. Linda Lopez will debate the proposal.
October 11, 2007
February 6, 2007
- Disabled Workers
- The unintended consequences from increasing the minimum wage to $6.75 are at the center of a conflict between groups advocating for the same people: disabled workers. Prior to the passage of the measure, disabled workers could be paid less than minimum wage depending on their capabilities. Some advocacy groups say disabled workers should be paid at least the minimum wage, others say the loophole allowing lower wages give disabled workers the opportunity to be employed. A bill circulating at the state legislature would allow disabled workers to earn less than the minimum wage. We look at all sides of the issue.
January 3, 2007
- Minimum Wage Increase
- How is the Arizona business community affected by the new minimum wage increase? Glenn Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry joins Horizon for a discussion.
November 20, 2006
- Proposition 202
- Rep. Steve Gallardo talks about the impact the state’s new minimum wage will have in Arizona.
September 4, 2006
- Proposition 202
- This HORIZON installment offers a discussion about the proposition that would raise the minimum wage in Arizona to $6.75 from $5.15. Guests include Rebekah Friend, chairwoman of the Arizona Minimum Wage Coalition and Darcy Olsen, president and CEO of the Goldwater Institute.
- Ed Pastor
- Congressman Ed Pastor discusses the relationship between organized labor and the immigration issue.
- AFL-CIO Executive Director Michael McGrath talks about current efforts to deal with the immigration issue.
February 7, 2005
- English Only/Minimum Wage
- should English be the only language of government? Should the minimum wage be raised? Two legislator talk about their bills.