Search Results for: violations
July 30, 2013
- Glendale Open Meeting Investigation | Video
- The State Attorney General’s office is investigating possible open-meeting law violations by the Glendale City Council. Glendale City Attorney Nick DiPiazza will discuss the allegations.
October 2, 2012
- Alleged Campaign Finance Violations | Video
- Howard Fischer of Capitol Media Services explains why Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne is facing a civil enforcement action for allegedly breaking campaign finance laws.
April 4, 2012
September 7, 2011
June 1, 2010
- Air Quality Violations | Video
- Maricopa County is in danger of losing millions of dollars in federal funding because of repeated violations for dust in the air. Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Director Benjamin Grumbles explains the situation.
April 7, 2009
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio | Video
- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio discusses a Washington hearing that focused on local law enforcement’s role in enforcing immigration law. He also talks about the U.S. Attorney General's investigation into possible civil rights violations in his department.
July 11, 2006
- Consumer fraud lawsuit filed against Wal-
- The Arizona attorney general filed a consumer fraud lawsuit against two major retailers: Wal-Mart and AutoZone. They are charged with intentionally defrauding customers by posting inaccurate product prices, or not posting prices at all. The state's consumer fraud act carries stiff penalties, $10 thousand per violation. Hundreds of violations were found by the State Department of Weights And Measures. The companies could face millions in fines.
June 29, 2005
- County Attorney
- Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas joins Michael Grant to talk about topics including attorney staffing issues in his office, identity theft, green swimming pool code violations, and the decision not to prosecute Sgt. Patrick Haab, an army reservist who held seven undocumented immigrants at gunpoint at an Arizona rest stop in April.