Search Results for: transit
March 26, 2014
- Light Rail Walkable Communities | Video
- Phoenix city officials are conducting community workshops to get ideas and input regarding development along the city’s light rail line. The goal: to develop walkable communities that work in conjunction with mass transit. Alan Stephenson is the acting planning and development director for Phoenix and will discuss the effort.
December 2, 2013
- Mesa Light Rail Extension | Video
- Federal officials announced last week that Mesa’s light rail extension to Gilbert Road posed no environmental or cultural threats and allowed it to proceed. Mesa’s Transit Services Director Jodi Sorrell will discuss the extension.
October 22, 2012
- Public Meetings on Transit Fare Increases | Video
- Valley Metro is seeking public comment on plans to raise fares for light rail and Express/RAPID bus services. Valley Metro spokesperson Susan Tierney explains the options that are being considered.
September 25, 2012
- Vote 2012: Prop 204 (Sales Tax Initiative) | Video
- A measure to permanently extend a one-cent state sales tax is on the November ballot. The Quality Education and Jobs initiative would use that money to pay for education and road, rail, transit and other transportation projects. Ann-Eve Pedersen, Chairman of the Quality Education and Jobs initiative, will speak for the initiative. State Treasurer Doug Ducey will talk in opposition to the measure.
September 5, 2011
- Focus on Sustainability: A Horizon Special | Video
- The Sustainability-inclined segments include EcoScraps, a company that turns spoiled produce into garden compost; Clean Air Cab, an eco-friendly cab company; and Transit Oriented Development along the Valley’s light rail line.
June 1, 2011
June 17, 2010
- Clean Air Lawsuit | Video
- State lawmakers raided funding that was intended for more mass transit to help clean the air. Sandy Bahr of the Sierra Club will discuss the lawsuit that has been filed to restore the funding.
November 11, 2009
- Tempe Transit Center | Video
- The heart of Tempe’s public transportation infrastructure is gaining international attention for its world class sustainable design. Architect and Principal Planner for the city’s Transportation division, Bonnie Richardson, takes us on a tour of this award-winning building.
July 31, 2008
- Fueling Trouble | Video
- We continue our four-part series on what impact high gas prices are having on transportation with a look at light rail and bus transit. Susan Tierney of Valley Metro talks about bus service.
May 8, 2007
- Mesa Budget
- Dial-A-Ride and Saturday transit services are in jeopardy of being cut by the City of Mesa because of its budget jam. We look at what the city is considering.