Search Results for: trails
November 13, 2014
- Boots and Burgers | Video
- Arizona travel writer Roger Naylor has a new book that would be of interest to those looking to put on some calories and then be able to take them off. “Boots and Burgers: An Arizona Handbook for Hungry Hikers,” features over 170 photographs, 37 trails, 38 eateries, trail guides, maps and more. Naylor will discuss his latest work.
July 25, 2013
- Kolb Studio | Video
- The Grand Canyon Association is launching a fundraising campaign to renovate Kolb Studio, a 109-year-old building perched on the edge of the south rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Kolb Studio served for decades as a business and home for brothers Emery and Ellsworth Kolb. They photographed hikers and tourists starting down the Bright Angel Trail. Their images helped document the Grand Canyon and early tourism in the West. Helen Ranney, Assistant Director of Philanthropy for the Grand Canyon Association, will talk about the Kolb Studio and the fundraising effort.
March 12, 2013
- Focus on Sustainability: New Tree Trail | Video
- A new tree trail program has been established in Glendale. The tree trail would promote programs to care for trees and give information about water conservation. Jo Miller of the Glendale Water Conservation Office will tell us more.