Search Results for: title 9
June 24, 2015
- Arizona Education: Summer Learning | Video
- Summer is a good break for kids and those in education, but students can fall behind because of the lack of continued education. We’ll take a look at programs offered to counter that in the Kyrene School District, followed by a discussion on fighting the “summer slump.” Gabriel Trujillo, principal of Trevor Browne High School in Phoenix and Sue Edman, director of Title I and school improvement for the Mesa Public School District, will discuss summer learning.
November 8, 2012
- Social Impact of Title-9 | Video
- Title-9 celebrates its 40th anniversary. Head coach of ASU's Women's Basketball Team Charli Turner Thorne, talks about the landmark legislation. Video clip of Ann Meyers Drysdale, a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, speaks about Title-9.
July 26, 2011
- Housing Vacancy Rate | Video
- The latest census data show a staggering number of vacant homes in the Valley. East Valley real estate broker Cindy Sessions and Fletcher Wilcox, a vice president and real estate analyst for Grand Canyon Title Agency, discuss what the numbers say about the area’s real estate market.
January 28, 2010
- Mental Health Services | Video
- Arizona is under a court order to provide services for people with serious mental illnesses, as required by state law. But as part of her budget plan, Governor Jan Brewer wants to remove that law from the books and eliminate most non Title XIX (Medicaid) funding for 14,600 adults with serious mental illnesses. Attorneys Charles “Chick” Arnold and Anne Ronan discuss their concerns and possible repercussions of the Governor’s plan.