Search Results for: thermal
March 12, 2014
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Solar Thermal Energy | Video
- An Arizona State University research team is looking into ways to make solar thermal energy more efficient by adding solar photovoltaic cells to the process. Solar thermal power uses mirrors to heat a fluid to create power. One of the ASU research team leaders, Zachary Holman, will discuss the ideas being examined.
June 26, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Nanovoltaics | Video
- Nanovoltaics is a Phoenix-based firm that specializes in providing manufacturers of solar power cells equipment that lower capital costs. The company offers equipment engineering and design and management of large scale construction projects. It also offers nanomaterials for thermal insulation, water purification, timed-release fertilizers, and biofuels production. Henk de Waard, CEO of Nanovoltaics, will talk about his company.
July 6, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Asteroid Exploration | Video
- The newly announced OSIRIS-Rex NASA mission to collect a sample of an asteroid and return it to Earth will include an instrument built at Arizona State University's School of Earth and Space Exploration (SESE). This Thermal Emission Spectrometer, similar to those used on the Mars Rovers, will be the first such instrument for spaceflight to be built at ASU. In addition to a background report on asteroids and OSIRIS-Rex, Mission Instrument Scientist Phil Christensen will discuss the technology and challenges associated with the project.