Search Results for: temple
October 11, 2011
- Buddhist Temple Massacre | Video
- By declining to hear the case, the U.S. Supreme Court lets-stand a lower court decision to toss out the confession of a man convicted of killing nine people at a Buddhist temple in the west Valley. ASU Law professor Gary Stuart, who authored a book about coerced confessions of early suspects in Buddhist Temple murders, comments the case.
December 7, 2010
- Coerced Confessions | Video
- Gary Stuart, Senior Policy Advisor for ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, discusses his book about coerced confessions: “Innocent Until Interrogated: The True Story of the Buddhist Temple Massacre and the Tucson Four”.
February 10, 2010
- Rabbi Plotkin & the Cutler-Plotkin Jewish Heritage Center | Video
- One of the Valley’s premier leaders in the Jewish and interfaith communities, Rabbi Albert Plotkin, died February 5th at the age of 89. Phoenix Attorney Paul Eckstein, who was in Rabbi Plotkin’s first confirmation class at Temple Beth Israel in 1956, shares his memories about Rabbi Plotkin. Plus, we take a look at the new Cutler-Plotkin Jewish Heritage Center that’s opening in the newly restored building that was the first Jewish synagogue in Phoenix.