Search Results for: tech
August 21, 2014
June 17, 2014
- AZ Technology and Innovation: Mesa High Tech Corridor | Video
- The city of Mesa is looking to set up a high-tech corridor on land near the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and a factory owned by Apple Inc. Mesa City Councilman Scott Somers and Barry Broome, President and CEO of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council, will discuss the proposal for a new high-tech corridor in Mesa.
May 21, 2014
May 14, 2014
- Arizona Technology and Innovation:Artificial Pollination | Video
- Pollen-Tech is an Arizona State University-based company offering a spray that spreads pollen on plants. The idea came from an MBA student’s business plan. Pollen-Tech won a grant through ASU’s Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative and is based at ASU’s SkySong Innovation Center and the MAC6 manufacturing incubator in Tempe. David Wade, CEO of Pollen-Tech, will discuss his company’s product.
December 16, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: High Tech Survey | Video
- A new poll shows that high tech company leaders are worried about a lack of tech talent and the quality of education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Steven Zylstra, chair of the Technology Councils of North America, who conducted the survey, will talk about the results.
March 27, 2013
March 6, 2013
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: New Tech Degree | Video
- This fall, ASU's College of Technology and Innovation will offer the only Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering in Arizona. This new program will help to accelerate and advance the transformation of the manufacturing industry in Arizona and nationwide. Ann McKenna of the College of Technology and Innovation will discuss the new degree.
December 5, 2012
October 17, 2012
- AZ Tech & Innovation: ASU Research Building | Video
- ASU has opened its new Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building 4 (ISTB4). Sethuraman Panchanathan, Senior Vice President of ASU’s Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development, describes what this state-of-the-art research facility has to offer.
August 22, 2012
- Tech & Innovation: Hardened Computer Chips | Video
- Tucson-area company Ridgetop has won two $1 million contracts from the U.S. Department of Energy to develop special computer chips hardened by radioactivity. The analog-to-digital signal processor chips will be used in particle accelerators. Doug Goodman, Ridgetop’s Founder and CEO, will discuss his company’s chips.
June 13, 2012
- AZ Tech and Innovation: Large Flexible Display | Video
- The largest flexible color display has been developed by researchers at Arizona State University’s Flexible Display Center. The director of the center, Nick Colaneri, will talk about the 7.4 inch display.
April 18, 2012
- Economic Growth: Chandler & Intel | Video
- Chandler Mayor Jay Tibshraeny talks about the potential economic impact of Intel’s new $5 billion fabrication facility that’s currently being built in his city and what Chandler has done to position itself as a leading manufacturing hub for the state’s high tech industry.
March 28, 2012
February 15, 2012
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Arizona SciTech Festival – Maker Faire | Video
- The Arizona SciTech Festival is underway, with over 200 events throughout the state. Scheduled for February 18th at Arizona State University is the Maker Faire, an event filled with student and community project demonstrations, do-it-yourself activities and workshops and the Duel in the Desert scrimmage for FIRST Robotics. Dr. Chell Roberts, Executive Dean of ASU College of Tech and Innovation, will discuss the Maker Faire.
September 14, 2011
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: NACET | Video
- The Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology is creating jobs for Arizona’s high tech industry. Russ Yelton, the organization’s president and CEO talks about NACET’S work and its recent expansion to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott.
June 29, 2011
November 9, 2010
- Arizona Technology and Innovation | Video
- We kick off a new series on the latest in the high-tech arena. The first “Arizona Technology and Innovation” segment looks at how researchers at the University of Arizona are working on capturing wasted heat energy and turning it into electricity using quantum effects. Researchers Charles Stafford and Justin Bergfield will explain the concept.
March 24, 2008
- sky Song | Video
- skySong, Arizona State University�s high-tech business center, officially opens this week. Julia Rosen, ASU Associate Vice President of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at SkySong, will tell us about the facility.
April 17, 2007
- ASU Security
- security on the ASU campus following the tragic massacre at Virgina Tech.
July 28, 2005
- Intel Plant
- A new Intel Plant will be located in Chandler. The $3 Billion plant is expected to provide 1,000 new high paying jobs. Brian Matas of IC Insights, an integrated circuit market research company, will be on Horizon to talk about the new plant and the high tech industry in Arizona.