Search Results for: supervisor
May 19, 2015
- Maricopa County Budget | Video
- The Maricopa County budget will be tentatively adopted May 18. The county must balance its budget in light of $31.9 million in cost shifts and mandatory contributions needed to balance the state budget. In addition, the county has absorbed drops in property tax and sales tax revenues during the recession years. Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chair Steve Chucri will tell us more about the budget of the state’s largest county.
December 11, 2014
- Arizona Inmate Population | Video
- A new report by the Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys’ Advisory Council shows that 95 percent of those in Arizona prisons are repeat and/or violent offenders. Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, who is also a member of the Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys’ Advisory Council, will discuss the report, along with David Euchner, the Appellate Unit supervisor of the Pima County Public Defender’s Office. He is also president of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, the statewide organization of defense attorneys.
October 28, 2014
- Sustainability: Cool Urban Spaces Report | Video
- Scientists from Arizona State University, in partnership with the City of Phoenix, released a report evaluating the city’s Cool Roofs and Tree and Shade Master Plan projects. City officials plan to use the report to take further steps in mitigating the extreme summertime heat. Richard Adkins, Forestry Supervisor for the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department, will discuss the report and the city’s plans for it.
January 28, 2014
- Arizona Culinary Ambassadors | Video
- Five Arizona chefs have been given the “Ripe Award” at an event at the Phoenix Art Museum. The award requires them to represent Arizona food culture to the rest of the nation and world in 2014. Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri, who has served as the president and CEO of the Arizona Restaurant Association, will talk about the awards and the mission of the awards. Joining him are Chefs Justin Beckett of Beckett’s Table, and Gio Osso of Vitru, both 2014 “Ripe Award” winners.
June 5, 2012
- Forest Restoration Contract | Video
- Navajo County Supervisor David Tenney shares his concerns about a major forest-thinning contract that was recently awarded to Pioneer Forest Products by the U.S. Forest Service.
November 30, 2011
- Arizona Counties: Financial Challenges | Video
- Navajo County Supervisor David Tenney, who also serves as President of the County Supervisors Association of Arizona, and Maricopa County Supervisor Andy Kunasek discuss the financial challenges facing Arizona’s 15 counties and their legislative priorities for 2012.
April 7, 2011
- State Budget: Impact on Counties and Cities | Video
- Navajo County Supervisor and President of the County Supervisors Association of Arizona David Tenney and Chandler Mayor Jay Tibshraeny discuss the impact of the $8.3 billion FY 2012 state budget on local government.
February 24, 2010
- Maricopa County Politics | Video
- Arizona Republic reporter JJ Hensley discusses breaking news that a Superior Court judge has dismissed charges against Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox and disqualified County Attorney Andrew Thomas from the case.
January 11, 2010
- State of the State | Video
- A special hour-long HORIZON featuring Governor Jan Brewer’s State of the State Address in its entirety followed by commentary from political analyst Stan Barnes and former lawmaker and Pinal County Supervisor Pete Rios.
January 7, 2010
November 28, 2005
- Homeless Shelter
- Join HORIZON for a look at the new 14-acre campus of the Central Arizona Shelter Service. CASS is one of several agencies represented at the centralized campus servicing the homeless.
- Arizona Stories: Arizona Falls
- Arizona Falls began as a cool escape from the heat in Phoenix, and eventually came to be used in some very different ways.