Search Results for: superior
April 18, 2013
- Resolution Copper Mine | Video
- We heard earlier in the week from Residents of Superior who oppose a land swap to allow the Resolution Copper mine to be built near the town. Mila Besich-Lira, a long-time Superior resident, will talk about her support for the land swap.
April 15, 2013
- City of Superior vs Resolution Copper Mine | Video
- The town of Superior is against a land swap that would allow the construction of the Resolution Copper Mine near Superior. Former Mayor Roy Chavez and Superior Council Member Soyla “Kiki” Peralta testified about Superior’s opposition to the land swap before congress and will talk about that on Arizona Horizon.
August 4, 2011
- Medicaid Enrollment Freeze Hearing | Video
- Arizona has capped enrollment for childless adults in the state’s Medicaid program known as AHCCCS. Meanwhile, a challenge to the enrollment freeze was heard this week in Superior court. Arizona Republic Reporter Mary K. Reinhart talks about what went on at the hearing.
June 22, 2011
- Sierra Club Views on Mining Issues | Video
- Sandy Bahr, Director of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club, responds to recent comments by Arizona Congressman Paul Gosar about uranium mining near the Grand Canyon and a huge copper deposit near Superior, AZ .
June 20, 2011
- Congressman Paul Gosar | Video
- The Arizona Congressman discusses the Wallow Fire, the Four Forest Restoration Initiative and a land exchange bill for a Resolution Copper mine near Superior, Ariz.
June 28, 2010
February 24, 2010
- Maricopa County Politics | Video
- Arizona Republic reporter JJ Hensley discusses breaking news that a Superior Court judge has dismissed charges against Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox and disqualified County Attorney Andrew Thomas from the case.
October 22, 2009
- Mental Health Overhaul | Video
- Responding to a court order in the decades-old Arnold v. Sarn lawsuit, Governor Jan Brewer has filed a proposal in Maricopa County Superior Court to make structural changes to Arizona’s behavioral health care system. Hear what Dr. Laura Nelson, Acting Deputy Director for the Arizona Department of Health Services Division of Behavioral Health and Anne Ronan, an attorney representing Arnold v. Sarn plaintiffs have to say about the Governor’s plan.
August 26, 2009
- Copper Mine Land Exchange | Video
- The Resolution Copper Mining company is asking Congress to approve a federal land swap that will allow the company to begin mining a huge body of copper ore near Superior, Arizona. The project could provide a huge economic boost to a community, but it may also have some negative impacts. Join us as we travel to Superior to hear from both critics and supporters of the project.
June 25, 2009
- Copper Mining Land Exchange | Video
- The Resolution Copper Mining company is asking Congress to approve a federal land swap that will allow the company to begin mining a huge body of copper ore near Superior, Arizona. The project could provide a huge economic boost to a community, but it may also have some negative impacts. Join us as we travel to Superior to hear from both critics and supporters of the project. Our studio guest is David Salisbury, President and CEO of RCM.
March 31, 2008
- Merit Selection | Video
- We discuss HCR 2063, a bill that would require elections for Superior Court judges in Arizona counties, including Maricopa and Pima. The sponsor of the bill, Rep. Russell Pearce of Mesa, will discuss the issue with House Minority Leader Rep. Phil Lopes of Tucson.
February 1, 2007
- Night and Saturday Court
- Maricopa County Superior Court conducts its first night session this week. Maricopa County Superior Court Juvenile Court Presiding Judge Eileen Willett joins us to talk about the new night and Saturday hours at Superior Court.
- Arizona Capitol Times
- The Arizona Capitol Times, which covers the state capitol, is celebrating it's 100th anniversary. Learn more about the founding of the paper.
- Tax Time
- It's time to start filing your tax return. Bill Brunson of the IRS and Dan Zemke of the Arizona Department of Revenue will talk about the latest changes in tax law and tax filing to help you as your file your return.
July 26, 2006
- Arizona's new human smuggling law
- Another decision by a Maricopa County Superior Court Judge in Arizona's new human smuggling law. This time four defendants are set free until their trial date. Tonight we talk with an attorney who defended one of the men acquitted in an earlier case and a legislator who says the human smuggling law is being misused.
July 19, 2006
- Human Smuggling 'Coyote Law'
- A Maricopa County Superior Court Judge threw out the first case under the human smuggling 'Coyote Law'. Some interpret the new ruling as a blow to both the Maricopa County Attorney's and the Sheriff's Offices effort to curb the flow of illegal immigrants. Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas and Sheriff Joe Arpaio join Michael Grant to talk about the ruling and their attempts to enforce the 'Coyote Law'.
April 5, 2006
- Merit Selection v. Election
- A look at the issue through the eyes of two candidates hoping to fill a Pinal County Superior Court Seat: Sitting Judge April Elliot and her opponent Brenda Oldham.
March 18, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- The House and Senate have agreed on a new $8.2 billion budget. A Maricopa County Superior Court judge ruled that Attorney General Terry Goddard was correct in his legal opinion regarding the scope of Prop 200 and the State Senate this week approved the use of school vouchers, but it's likely Governor Napolitano will veto the proposal.