Search Results for: stroke
March 25, 2014
- RNA Research in Brain Injuries | Video
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Barrow Neurological Institute and the Translational Genomics Research Institute are going to study the role of extracellular RNA, or RNA located outside our body’s cells, as biomarkers in brain injuries that include hemorrhaging in the brain. Researchers will be working to develop a prognostic tool that will lead them to more effective treatments for a form of bleeding in the brain that affects approximately 12,000 premature babies. They are also going to look into the role of extracellular RNA in the development of blood vessel spasms following a stroke caused by bleeding in the brain. Dr. Jorge Arango, a research scientist at the Neuroscience Research for Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital, will explain the research.
November 12, 2013
- Heart Ball | Video
- Heart disease and stroke are the number one and four killers in Arizona. Since 1959, the Heart Ball has been held to raise money for education, prevention, research and programs to help fight heart disease. Susan Doria, the chair of the Heart Ball, will discuss the event and the impact of the deadly disease.
October 31, 2012
- Fighting Heart Disease and Stroke | Video
- Lynne Love, Chairman of the American Heart Association’s 2012 Phoenix Heart Ball, talks about some of the programs the annual fundraiser supports, such as the Halle Heart Children’s Museum in Tempe.
October 15, 2012
- Mayo Clinic Telestroke Program | Video
- A recent agreement between Tuba City Regional Health Care and Mayo Clinic in Arizona will bring state-of-the-art stroke care to Navajo and Hopi patients through telemedicine. Dr. Bert Vargas, a Mayo Clinic telestroke neurologist, will talk about the new program, set to start in November.
May 9, 2012
- Stroke Awareness | Video
- Strokes are one of the leading causes of death and disability. Dr. Dan Capampangan of the Mayo Clinic explains how to recognize and respond to symptoms of stroke and how the Mayo Clinic is using robots to help stroke patients in rural Arizona .