Search Results for: street
October 23, 2014
September 10, 2014
- Nils Lofgren | Video
- Guitarist Nils Lofgren of Bruce Springsteen’s E-Street Band will talk about his music and career.
November 28, 2013
- Street Landscape Artist | Video
- Local artist Laura Spalding Best will have her paintings on display at the Burton Barr Library in Phoenix through August 8. Her paintings explore the urban landscape. Best will talk about her work and the display.
December 13, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Street Gems of Arizona | Video
- Valley artist Ann Morton talks about Street Gems of Arizona, a program sponsored by ASU’s Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation, that gives homeless people an opportunity to earn money while creating art with found objects and recycled materials.
May 17, 2012
- Facebook IPO | Video
- Wayne Stutzer of RBC Wealth Management discusses the initial public offering of Facebook shares on Wall Street.
November 17, 2011
- Gandhi and Occupy Wall Street | Video
- Occupy Wall Street protesters can learn a lot from Mahatma Gandhi according to a leading expert on Gandhi’s teachings on civil disobedience. Hear what Dennis Dalton, a retired political science professor from Barnard College/Columbia University, has to say about the topic.
October 13, 2011
- Occupy Phoenix | Video
- The “Occupy Wall Street” movement spreads to the Valley. “Occupy Phoenix” spokesperson Apollo Poetry talks about what the group hopes to accomplish.
July 28, 2011
- Calle 16 Mural Project | Video
- Sparked by unrest over Arizona’s immigration law, SB 1070, artists are transforming 16th Street in Phoenix into an open air gallery of murals.
July 19, 2010
- Financial Regulation Reform | Video
- Wayne Stutzer, Senior Vice President and Financial Consultant for RBC Wealth Management, discusses the federal financial reform legislation.
May 10, 2010
- Stock Market Slide | Video
- Days after a thousand point plunge on Wall Street, people are still trying to figure out what happened. Senior VP for RBC Wealth Management Wayne Stutzer tells shares what he knows about the incident.
June 22, 2009
- Iran's Election Protests | Video
- A disputed election in Iran has led to street rallies, resulting in fatalities. Get the latest on the situation in Iran from Thunderbird School of Global Management Professor Paul Kinsinger, who also worked for the CIA.
February 9, 2009
- Phoenix Police Reserve Program | Video
- Many of the people that you see protecting us on the street are volunteer reserve officers, who are fully sworn police officers. They come from all walks of life and they share a common goal — to make Phoenix streets safer. We speak with Assistant Police Chief Scott Finical about the program.
January 27, 2009
September 20, 2006
- Proposition 104
- Proposition 104 would change Arizona's constitution to allow voters to approve a higher debt level for public safety, law enforcement, fire and emergency facilities, and street and transportation facilities. Learn more about the measure we'll vote on this November.
November 17, 2005
June 28, 2005
- KAET - ASU Poll
- How do Arizonans feel about rising home prices and housing affordability? How do they feel about the Downing Street Memo? Join Poll Director Bruce Merrill and his assistant Tara Blanc for the latest results of the KAET-ASU Poll.
April 11, 2005
- Paul Gigot, WSJ editor
- Pulitzer prize-winner Paul Gigot is the editor for the "Wall Street Journal" editorial page. A staunch conservative, his diplomatic manner has made him a sought-after pundit on many television news programs, including the news hour here on PBS. A guest of the Goldwater Institute recently, he spoke on a number of issues. Larry Lemmons caught up with him at the Biltmore.
- Arizona Stories: Desert Caballeros Museum
- A visit to Wickenburg's Desert Caballeros Museum.
- HB2639 Meth Production
- A bill in Oklahoma regulating the sales of pseudoephedrine is credited with reducing the seizures of methamphetamine labs by 80 percent. In Arizona, House Bill 2639 is designed to do just that. Opponents managed to slow the legislation, but a week ago, using a "strike all amendment," the bill's sponsor pushed the legislation through the Natural Resources and Agriculture Committee.