Search Results for: strategic
January 6, 2015
- Arizona ArtBeat: Arizona Art Tank | Video
- In 2013, the Arizona Commission on the Arts launched a funding initiative called Arizona Art Tank, which is designed to make strategic investments in arts-based ventures. At regional events in four Arizona communities, top applicants are given six minutes each to pitch their ventures to a live audience and a panel of experts for a chance at up to $10,000 in seed-funding. Robert Booker, executive director of the Arizona Commission on the Arts, will talk about the Arizona Art Tank.
August 25, 2014
- Arizona’s Future: Arizona’s Strategic Water Plan | Video
- The Arizona Department of Water Resources has released a report about Arizona’s water future. “Arizona’s Next Century: A Strategic Vision for Water Supply Sustainability” assesses current and projected demands and water supplies and provides potential strategies that will help Arizona meet its future water needs. Michael Lacey, the director of the Arizona Department of Water Resources, will talk about efforts to start putting parts of that plan into action.
July 29, 2014
- Arizona’s Future: Strategic Roadmap | Video
- Arizona’s Transportation and Trade Corridor Alliance has completed its Strategic Roadmap: a plan for Arizona’s future transportation needs. Created by a group of experts from the public and private sectors, the Roadmap seeks to better connect Arizona to the global economy. Arizona Department of Transportation director John Halikowski, Margie Emmermann, the executive director of the Arizona-Mexico Commission, and Sandra Watson, president and CEO of the Arizona Commerce Authority, will discuss how the plan intertwines commerce, trade and transportation.
February 27, 2014
- SB 1062 Impact | Video
- Although it was vetoed by Governor Brewer, Senate Bill 1062 created such a firestorm that it has impacted the state. Arizona State University pollster Bruce Merrill, economist Jim Rounds of Elliott D. Pollack and Company and consultant Marcus Dell’Artino of First Strategic will discuss the impacts.
February 19, 2014
- Sustainability: Arizona’s Water Supply | Video
- The Arizona Department of Water Resources has released a new report regarding Arizona’s water future. “Arizona’s Next Century: A Strategic Vision for Water Supply Sustainability” assesses current and projected demands and water supplies and provides potential strategies that will help Arizona meet its future water needs. Michael Lacey, the director of the Arizona
Department of Water Resources, will discuss the report.
August 15, 2013
- Intel Skills-Based Volunteering | Video
- Chip-manufacturer Intel offers free mentoring to non-profit organizations, schools and government agencies in strategic planning, lean principles, risk management, human resources structuring and other business management principles. The Gilbert Fire Department and Northern Arizona University’s extended campuses are among the agencies that have taken advantage of Intel’s free services. Rudy Hacker of Intel, the founder of the program, will discuss the free mentoring.
August 29, 2011
- Redistricting Politics | Video
- Arizona established an Independent Redistricting Commission to try to take politics out of the process of redrawing Arizona’s legislative and congressional boundaries. Political consultants Stan Barnes of Copper State Consulting Group and Barry Dill of First Strategic Communications and Public Affairs talk about the reality of removing politics from the redistricting process.
May 2, 2011
- Death of Osama bin Laden | Video
- Experts discuss the U.S. killing of Osama bin Laden. Guests include Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, president and founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, and ASU professor Steve Corman, director of the Consortium for Strategic Communication at ASU’s Hugh Downs School of Human Communication.
April 25, 2011
- Economic Future of Indian Lands | Video
- ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law is hosting a conference that examines issues of economic development on Indian lands. Carl Artman, director of the College of Law’s Tribal Economic Development Program, and Diane Enos, president of the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community, discuss some of the issues that impact tribal land management and strategic development.
May 19, 2010
- Prop 100 and the State Budget | Video
- By a wide margin, Arizona voters approved Proposition 100 raising the state sales tax by a penny per dollar for three years. John Arnold, Director of the Governor’s Office of Strategic Planning and Budget, explains how the extra revenue will help the State.
September 23, 2009
- State Budget | Video
- Just weeks after the Governor signed the latest round of budget bills, state agencies are being told to prepare for additional cuts. Eileen Klein, Director of the Governor's Office of Strategic Planning and Budgeting, talks about the budget probklems.
May 19, 2005
- Riverview Project
- The Riverview project in Mesa has been approved by voters there. We'll talk to Mesa's city manager about the next steps for the project.
- Wine Ruling
- The United States Supreme Court has ruled that wine sales across state lines are permitted. We'll talk to a lawyer who assisted in the case.
- And "Macbeth" is playing at the Arizona Theater Company. We'll give you a preview of the show.