Search Results for: storm
August 13, 2014
- Storm | Video
- A storm that dumped over three inches of rain near South Mountain in Phoenix is being called a 1,000-year event. State climatologist Nancy Selover, who lives in the affected area, will tell us more.
September 10, 2013
- Record Rainfall | Video
- Near-record rainfall has hit Arizona because of Tropical Storm Lorena. Arizona State University climatologist Randy Cerveny will discuss the rainfall and the storm.
August 25, 2011
- The Diving Lady Neon Sign | Video
- On October 5, 2010, a storm destroyed the iconic “Diving Lady” neon sign that towered above the Starlite Motel in Mesa. Victor Linoff, President of the Mesa Preservation Foundation, describes what’s being done to restore the historic animated sign.
July 19, 2011
- Valley Fever | Video
- John Galgiani, MD, Director of the Valley Fever Center for Excellence at the University of Arizona College of Medicine explains why he expects a significant increase in Valley Fever infections following the huge dust storm that swept across the Valley on July 5th.
July 6, 2011
- Dust Storm | Video
- The dust storm that reduced visibility to nearly zero and made thousands of people lose power.
January 21, 2010
- Storm Expert | Video
- Randy Cerveny, Professor of Geographical Sciences at ASU, talks about the huge storm system blowing across Arizona.
May 25, 2005
- Fire, part three of four
- Current brush fire conditions in Arizona's desert wildland areas, coupled with the homes and businesses there, could converge into a perfect storm of wildfires this season.
January 11, 2005
- Could we see more flooding in Oak Creek canyon and other parts of the state? We'll talk to the office of emergency management about the latest storm and the precautions people should take.