Search Results for: storage
March 31, 2014
- New Waddell Dam | Video
- Lake Pleasant is a water storage reservoir for most of the Valley's cities. The 20th anniversary of the New Waddell Dam at Lake Pleasant is being celebrated. We’ll talk about the importance of the lake and dam to the Phoenix Metro area with Tom McCann, Assistant Director for the Central Arizona Project.
July 17, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Data Centers | Video
- Data Centers, which store digital information, have seen a steady growth in Arizona. Several factors have led to that, including a lack of natural disasters. We’ll take a look at OneNeck IT services, a Tempe-based Data Center.
May 26, 2011
- Arizona ArtBeat: Saving the Ice House | Video
- The Ice House, a unique art space and gallery in Phoenix’ warehouse district, is on the verge of closing due to financial challenges, but a group of local artists is trying to rescue the place. We’ll show you what they’re doing to help.
February 2, 2011
- Technology & Innovation: Compressed Air Energy Storage | Video
- Researchers at the University of Arizona are looking at how to use compressed air to store solar and wind power. Professor Pierre Deymier, director of the School of Sustainable Engineered Systems at the University of Arizona, and graduate student Krishna Muralidharan discuss the project.
November 8, 2007
- Memory Device
- An Arizona State University researcher is working in conjunction with researchers in Germany on a new memory device that uses nano wires and a new method of storage to greatly expand flash memory and reduce the heat it produces. ASU Engineering Professor Dr. Michael Kozicki will talk about his revolutionary new memory devices.