Search Results for: stem cell
December 16, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: High Tech Survey | Video
- A new poll shows that high tech company leaders are worried about a lack of tech talent and the quality of education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Steven Zylstra, chair of the Technology Councils of North America, who conducted the survey, will talk about the results.
September 9, 2013
- Mayo Clinic Stem Cell Lab | Video
- Mayo Clinic in Arizona will open its own stem cell laboratory next spring. The laboratory will be initially dedicated to storing and processing stem cells used for bone marrow transplants at Mayo Clinic Hospital and Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Dr. Ruben Mesa and Dr. Henry Tazelaar of the Mayo Clinic will talk about the stem cell lab.
August 14, 2012
- Major Investment in STEM Education | Video
- The Helios Education Foundation is investing $4 million in the Arizona STEM Network. Led by Science Foundation Arizona, the Network is a statewide plan to improve student achievement in science, technology, engineering and math. Darcy Renfro of SFAz and Paul Luna of Helios explain how the money will be used.
May 25, 2011
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: STEM club | Video
- Hartford Sylvia Encinas Elementary School in Chandler is getting kids interested in learning about math and science in an afternoon STEM club. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education. The school is taking part in the 21st Century Learning Centers. That’s a program approved by Congress that provides support for learning opportunities outside school hours. Hartford Sylvia Encinas teacher Eileen Carey will tell us more how the science club is helping kids learn.
May 7, 2009
- STEM Education | Video
- The director of Science Foundation Arizona’s STEM Education Center (STEMAz) and a representative of one of the center’s major corporate sponsors talk about the importance of preparing Arizona students for careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
Science Foundation Arizona
January 31, 2008
- Legislature A to Z: Other Bills | Video
- We wrap our three-part series on the Arizona Legislature with a look at bills unrelated to the budget or immigration. Among them, a bill that would help consumers deal with cell phone companies and a bill that would allow guns in schools. Howard Fischer of Capitol Media Services will bring us up to date.
November 14, 2005
- National Hunger and Homelessness Week
- You might be shocked to find out what happened when Phoenix City Councilman Greg Stanton posed as a homeless person to try and better understand the plight of homelessness in the Valley. HORIZON marks National Hunger and Homelessness Week with a series of conversations with Stanton, Ginny Hildebrand, Executive Director of The Association of Arizona Food Banks and Bob Evans, Executive Director of United Food Bank about what we can all do to stem the tide of poverty and homelessness in our city.
March 2, 2005
- stem cell bills
- stem cell and cloning research are controversial topics. At issue, should the state legislature support or restrict stem cell research?