Search Results for: steel
May 1, 2014
- Sustainability: Solar Installation | Video
- A solar installation at the Phoenix Dream Center, an organization that provides help to the homeless, is the first phase in getting the charity off the grid. We take a look at the solar panel installation that will save the center over $100,000 in utility costs annually.
April 8, 2014
- Tempe Town Lake Dam | Video
- The rubber dam on the west end of Tempe Town Lake will be replaced with a hydraulically-operated steel dam, with work starting this summer. On April 23 at the Tempe Center for the Arts, the city will give the public information about the dam replacement. Jeff Kulaga, assistant city manager for Tempe, will discuss the issue.
November 5, 2013
- Author Jared Diamond | Video
- Pulitzer-prize winning author Jared Diamond, author of “Guns, Germs and Steel,” is out with a new book: “The World Until Yesterday: What We Can Learn from Traditional Societies.” Diamond will discuss his new book.
January 3, 2012
- Entrepreneur Magazine's College Entrepreneur of 2011 | Video
- ASU biomedical engineering junior Gabrielle Palermo is Entrepreneur Magazine's College Entrepreneur of 2011. Palermo and a team of ASU engineering students were honored by the magazine for their work on G3Box, a company they started that converts steel shipping containers into mobile medical clinics. Palermo and G3Box partners Susanna Young and Clay Tyler talk about the business.
September 27, 2011
- ASU Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative | Video
- Learn more about this program that helps ASU students learn how to start a business. Guests include Brent Sebold, the initiative’s Program Manager, and ASU students Gabrielle Palermo and Susanna Young, two founders of G3Box, a company that turns steel freight containers into mobile medical clinics that has been named a finalist for Entrepreneur magazine’s 2011 College Entrepreneur of the Year award.
April 20, 2010
- Immigration Bill | Video
- Arizona may soon have the toughest immigration laws in the country if Governor Jan Brewer allows SB 1070 to become law.
First we hear from an opponent of the bill Sheridan Bailey, President of Ironco Enterprises, a steel fabrication company who founded Arizona Employers for Immigration reform. Then we hear from Representative John Kavanagh, a prime sponsor of the legislation.
May 31, 2007
- Curves of Steel
- We take a peek at some amazing vehicles that are on display at the Phoenix Art Museum through June 3, 2007.
May 16, 2007