Search Results for: stadium
January 21, 2015
- Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking | Video
- Super Bowl 49 will be held at the University of Phoenix Stadium February 1, and like all Super Bowls, it brings a focus on domestic violence and human trafficking. Allie Bones, chief executive officer of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence, and Phoenix vice mayor Jim Waring, will discuss the problems of domestic violence and human trafficking.
December 11, 2014
- Arizona National Guard Muster | Video
- For the first time in over 100 years, the Arizona National Guard held a muster, with over 5,000 troops from 29 Arizona communities gathering to honor veterans from the past 13 years of battle in the Middle East. We’ll show you the event, which was held at Sun Devil Stadium on Pearl Harbor Day.
February 13, 2014
- New Cubs Stadium | Video
- The new Cubs Stadium for spring training officially opened yesterday. Mesa Mayor Scott Smith will talk about the new facility.
December 18, 2013
- 2016 College Football Championship Game | Video
- The Fiesta Bowl has been awarded the 2016 College Football Championship Game. The game will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Robert Shelton, executive director for the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the acquisition.
July 11, 2012
June 23, 2011
- Westgate City Center | Video
- Westgate City Center is facing foreclosure, and Glendale Shopping Complex near the Cardinals Football Stadium has been scheduled for auction.
September 23, 2010
December 24, 2007
November 19, 2007
- super Bowl: Beyond the End Zone
- The city of Glendale is working 24/7 to prepare for the 2008 Super Bowl. From public safety, to sanitation, to marketing, Glendale is getting ready for visitors, residents and the eyes of the world to focus on the city for the big game. In the area around the stadium, there are nine new hotels under development. Glendale mayor Elaine Scruggs joins HORIZON to talk about all of the work that has been going on leading up to the game.
February 8, 2007
- super Bowl Update
- The effort to produce Super Bowl 42 at University of Phoenix stadium is in full swing. Hear from Bob Sullivan of the Super Bowl Committee and Jennifer Reichelt of the City of Glendale about plans for the Super Bowl and what they learned from Super Bowl 41 in Miami.
January 11, 2007
- HORIZON stadium coverage
- As Horizon celebrates its 25th Anniversary, we look back at some of the big stories we've covered, starting with a look back at our stadium coverage.
January 4, 2007
- College Bowl Games
- The Fiesta Bowl played at the University of Phoenix Stadium is a game still being talked about. The BCS Championship game will be played there Monday. Find out how stadium and Glendale officials are dealing with the big bowl games. Brad Parker of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority and Jennifer Reichelt of the City of Glendale will talk about stadium management and traffic issues.
December 13, 2006
- Goodyear Baseball
- The city of Goodyear hopes to host the future spring training grounds for the Cleveland Indians. Goodyear is making its bid to the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority for funding for part of the construction cost of the $118-million dollar stadium complex. Goodyear Mayor Jim Cavanaugh joins Horizon to talk about the details.
August 17, 2006
- Cardinals Stadium
- The Arizona Cardinals have now hosted the first game at the new, state-of-the-art stadium in Glendale. This weekend the public is invited for free tours of the facility. Horizon gives you a preview of the tours, with a behind-the-scenes look. Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs and Global Crossing's Scott Norton join us to talk about the stadium and its impact on Glendale and the West Valley.
June 15, 2006
- Cardinals Stadium Update
- The excitement is building as the new Cardinals Stadium is close to opening its doors. The unique rolling grass field and the moveable roof are operational. Join Ted Ferris of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority for the latest on the stadium.
June 30, 2005
- Cardinals Stadium update
- If you've driven by the Cardinals Stadium lately, you may have noticed it looking more like a stadium. Brad Parker of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority discusses the progress.
February 23, 2005
- stadium update
- Despite the wet weather, the Arizona Cardinals' stadium roof construction is moving ahead. Horizon has an update.