Search Results for: sovereignty
October 24, 2012
October 3, 2012
- Vote 2012: Debate - Prop 120 (State Sovereignty) | Video
- Proposition 120 was placed on the ballot by the state legislature to give the state exclusive control over public lands, air, water, minerals and wildlife in Arizona. Those for the measure say it's an important step in asserting states' rights. Opponents say the state cannot afford to manage the lands, and also say it is unconstitutional. Supporters and opponents debate the merits of the proposition.
November 7, 2007
- Tribal Sovereignty
- Throughout the month of November, HORIZON will look at key issues affecting Arizona's Native Americans tribes. Tonight, we hear from leaders in Washington, D.C. about tribal sovereignty.
May 24, 2007
- Fort McDowell Sovereignty Day
- It's been 15 years since a standoff between state and federal agents and residents of the Fort McDowell Yavapai Reservation over Indian gaming. Since then, Indian gaming has flourished in Arizona. We talk to President Raphael Bear about the historic event.