Search Results for: shutdown
October 17, 2013
- Political Impact of Washington Fight | Video
- President Obama has said there are no winners in the fight over the debt ceiling and government shutdown. However, the fight could impact upcoming elections. Arizona State University Pollster Bruce Merrill will talk about winners and losers from the drama in our nation’s capitol.
- Washington Deal/Debt Ceiling | Video
- How exactly did Congress achieve a deal on the debt ceiling and ending the shutdown, and what is the debt ceiling and why is it so important? Arizona State University Dean of Social Sciences Patrick Kenney will answer those questions.
October 16, 2013
- Debt Ceiling/Government Shutdown | Video
- Congress continues to work on a deal to avoid the deadline to raise the debt ceiling and end the government shutdown. Economists Brian Cary of Salt River Project and Alan Maguire of the Maguire Company will discuss the impacts of the political drama in Washington.
October 3, 2013
- Political Fallout of Government Shutdown | Video
- As the federal government shutdown continues, both political parties continue to blame each other. Arizona State University political science professor Richard Herrera will discuss the political fallout of the shutdown.
October 2, 2013
- Government Shutdown Local Impact | Video
- Arizona is already feeling the effects of the government shutdown. The Grand Canyon National Park is closed, and civilian workers have been furloughed at Luke Air Force Base. Arizona State University economist Dennis Hoffman and economist Jim Rounds of Elliott D. Pollack and Company will discuss the impacts of the shutdown on Arizona.