Search Results for: shortage
August 20, 2013
- Colorado River System Reservoirs | Video
- Lower water levels in Lake Mead are expected to trigger a water shortage for 2016. If there is a Colorado River shortage then, no direct impact is expected for cities, residential water users, and Native American Indian Tribes served by the Central Arizona Project. Sandra Fabritz Whitney, Director of the Arizona Department of Water Resources, and David Modeer, General Manager of the CAP, will discuss the possible water shortage.
August 13, 2013
- Construction Worker Shortage | Video
- As the housing market heats up, Arizona is facing a shortage of construction workers. David Jones, president of the Arizona Construction Association, will talk about the shortage.
November 28, 2012
September 26, 2012
June 29, 2011
June 10, 2008
- RN Shortage | Video
- Arizona faces one of the nation�s most critical shortages of registered nurses (RNs), according to an Arizona Healthcare Workforce Data Center study that ranks the need for RNs nationwide. Kathy Scott, RN, PhD, regional vice president of Clinical Services for Banner Health joins us to discuss the study, and the shortage of RNs.
April 23, 2008
- Teacher Shortage | Video
- Ron Marx, Dean of the University of Arizona College of Education, talks about the report his college has prepared for the upcoming Arizona Town Hall. He also discusses some of the challenges Town Hall participants face as they try to recommend ways Arizona can best recruit and retain quality teachers.
May 15, 2007
- Doctor shortage
- Arizona is the fastest growing state in the nation---- and ranks among the lowest for physicians to care for its population. We look at our doctor shortage and efforts to solve the problem.
April 28, 2005
- Nursing shortage
- There's a nursing shortage in Arizona. One state lawmaker has a bill that would help ease that by helping to educate more nurses.
February 3, 2005
- First Thursday: The Governor on HORIZON
- The legislature is ramping up its effort at passing new laws. Horizon spoke to the Governor about the latest bills including one that would deal with Arizona's nursing shortage.