Search Results for: shooting
October 8, 2012
- In memory: Sam Steiger | Video
- Five-term Arizona Congressman Sam Steiger passed away September 26th at the age of 83. Reporter Don Harris talks about Steiger, who may best be remembered for shooting a couple of burros.
January 5, 2012
- Public Safety and Mental Illness | Video
- It's been a year since the tragic shooting in
Tucson that left six people dead and many others injured, including U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords. Experts explore the challenges they face when mental health, criminal justice and public safety are intertwined.
June 28, 2011
- Restoring Competency to Stand Trial | Video
- Accused of the mass shooting in Tucson, Jared Loughner was found mentally incompetent to stand trial. He is now undergoing treatment in an attempt to restore competency. Phoenix-based forensic psychologist Michael B. Bayless discusses what it means, and what it takes, to restore mental competency.
September 30, 2010
- Pinal County Deputy Shooting | Video
- One week after Senate Bill 1070 was signed into law, a Pinal County sheriff’s deputy was shot while on patrol in the desert. He was shot, allegedly, by drug smugglers. However, questions have been raised about the validity of the shooting. Paul Rubin of the Phoenix New Times explains the latest developments in this story.