Search Results for: shelter
October 7, 2013
- AZ Giving and Leading: Crisis Nursery | Video
- Since 1977, Phoenix-based Crisis Nursery Inc. has provided a shelter to children suffering from abuse, neglect or homelessness. Crisis Nursery also operates head start and foster care programs. Crisis Nursery Executive Director Marsha Porter will talk about her organization’s efforts to help protect children.
April 1, 2013
- AZ Giving & Leading: MOMA's House | Video
- MOMA’s House is a Laveen-based organization that provides a safe place for women recovering from domestic violence abuse and human sex trafficking. Women at MOMA’s House each have their own room and complete a program to help them regain their lives. Maraion Douglas, who suffered from her own domestic violence, is the founder of MOMA’s House and the recipient of an “Angels Among Us” award. She will talk about her organization and her award.
February 12, 2007
- state Representative David Lujan talks about House Bill 2325, that says courts shall not grant legal custody of a child to a parent who has engaged in polygamy and will continue to engage in child bigamy or polygamy in the future. Lujan also plans to introduce a bill to provide $500,000 to help shelter women and children in Phoenix and Flagstaff after they have left the fundamentalist church. Joining him will be Flora Jessop, who escaped Warren Jeffs' polygamous community in Colorado City.
November 28, 2005
- Homeless Shelter
- Join HORIZON for a look at the new 14-acre campus of the Central Arizona Shelter Service. CASS is one of several agencies represented at the centralized campus servicing the homeless.
October 4, 2005
- seymour Hersh
- Join HORIZON for an extraordinary conversation with one of the preeminent investigative journalists of our time. Hersh's latest book "Chain Of Command, The Road From 9/11 to Abu Ghraib" tackles the complexities of Iraq and the U.S. role in torturing prisoners of war.
- Domestic Violence Chairs
- Eleven chairs have been created by ASU Interior Design Students in an effort to bring awareness to domestic violence and kick off Domestic Violence Awareness month. The chairs make statements about domestic violence and will be auctioned at a dinner event benefiting the Phoenix Family Advocacy Center. PFAC Director Ginger Spencer joins the discussion.