Search Results for: shaping
September 26, 2013
- Glimpses of Phoenix Book | Video
- Arizona State University Regents Professor David William Foster’s book “Glimpses of Phoenix: The Desert Metropolis in Written and Visual Media” examines the complex, dark cultural history of the city reflected in works by famous names who have called Phoenix home. Foster’s book highlights the role gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity have played in shaping the way Phoenicians perceive spaces and events around them. Foster will discuss his book.
July 11, 2012
- Arizona’s Congressional Primary Races | Video
- With early voting less than a month away, Arizona Republic congressional reporter Rebekah Sanders provides an update on how the primary election races for Arizona’s congressional seats are shaping-up.
March 15, 2012
February 20, 2012
- GOP Presidential Debate in Mesa | Video
- National Politics reporter for the Arizona Republic Dan Nowicki talks about how the race for the GOP presidential nomination is shaping-up just days before a crucial debate in Mesa.
December 1, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) | Video
- Representative Debbie Lesko, Majority Whip of the Arizona House of Representatives and Arizona State Chairman for ALEC discusses the nonprofit organization that has had an influential role in shaping public policy in Arizona.
October 3, 2011
- Phoenix Exports | Video
- A panel was held recently on Phoenix's position in the global community and how the educational, political systems and commercial markets are shaping the global future of Phoenix. Dr. John Mathis, an economist from the Thunderbird School of Global Management will discuss Phoenix’s role in global markets.
April 23, 2007
- Arizona's Climate Change
- We begin our four-part series on climate change with a look at the politics of current environmental policy on global warming and emissions reduction. HORIZON examines the phenomenon of the film, An Inconvenient Truth and the work of former Vice President Al Gore on the subject. We talk about the role partisan politics plays in shaping environmental policy in the United States.