Search Results for: sexual orientation
January 22, 2015
- Domestic Violence Prevention Event | Video
- A Town Hall event on preventing domestic violence will be held January 27th at the Tempe Center for the Arts. “Touchdown for Tenderness” will feature former NFL players, wives and staff along with experts at preventing domestic violence. Allie Bones, chief executive officer of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence, will tell us more about the event and domestic violence.
January 21, 2015
- Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking | Video
- Super Bowl 49 will be held at the University of Phoenix Stadium February 1, and like all Super Bowls, it brings a focus on domestic violence and human trafficking. Allie Bones, chief executive officer of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence, and Phoenix vice mayor Jim Waring, will discuss the problems of domestic violence and human trafficking.
September 26, 2013
- Glimpses of Phoenix Book | Video
- Arizona State University Regents Professor David William Foster’s book “Glimpses of Phoenix: The Desert Metropolis in Written and Visual Media” examines the complex, dark cultural history of the city reflected in works by famous names who have called Phoenix home. Foster’s book highlights the role gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity have played in shaping the way Phoenicians perceive spaces and events around them. Foster will discuss his book.
April 19, 2007
- sexual Predator Law
- A new law has been passed that requires all level 2 and 3 sex offenders to register online aliases along with their physical address. It's aimed at giving law enforcement a better chance at catching sexual predators who solicit kids on line. The sponsor of the new law, Representative Bob Robson, will talk about the measure.
July 18, 2006
- Baseline killer and serial shooter
- Valley citizens concerned about two killers who continue to dodge law enforcement and watchful citizens. Police are calling them the baseline killer. And the serial shooter. They are thought to be responsible for a series of violent crimes involving robberies, sexual assaults and homicides. Some of the shootings have also been directed at animals. The crimes have taken place from May of last year to this month in Phoenix and Tempe.