Search Results for: settlement
January 8, 2014
- Lawsuit for Mentally Ill | Video
- A lawsuit to provide services for the mentally ill in Arizona who do not qualify for Medicaid has finally been settled. It was filed in 1981. Charles Arnold, the attorney who filed the suit, will talk about the settlement.
August 22, 2012
- Arizona Laws Challenged in Court | Video
- Legal challenges to the “Papers Please” section of SB 1070 and the Arizona Legislature’s sweep of $50 million from a mortgage settlement fund were heard in court this week. Howard Fischer of Capitol Media Services talks about the hearings and explains what the cases are all about.
May 15, 2012
- Mortgage Settlement Fund | Video
- Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne discusses his views on the State Legislature staking claim to $50 million from the Mortgage Settlement Fund.
May 2, 2012
- Mortgage Relief Fund Sweep | Video
- Arizona Housing Alliance Executive Director Valerie Iverson explains why her organization is considering legal action after state lawmakers pass a budget that sweeps $50 million from a mortgage settlement fund.
July 27, 2009
- Valley News Helicopter Crash | Video
- Pat McGroder, a lawyer who brokered a settlement for the families of two local journalists killed in a helicopter crash two years ago is calling for tougher restrictions on covering news from the air.
December 20, 2007
- Environmental Settlement | Video
The State of Arizona today announced a major environmental settlement. A lawsuit had charged a Scottsdale land developer with destruction of state trust land, natural resources and archeological sites. Director of the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Steve Owens talks about the settlement.
April 26, 2005
- Indian Water Rights Settlement
- A decades long struggle to regain water that was taken from them is over. We'll look at the largest Indian water rights settlement in U.S. history and what it means not only to the Gila River Indian community, but also to valley cities and other water users.