Search Results for: seat
October 10, 2012
- Vote 2012: U.S. Senate Debate | Video
- Arizona Horizon hosts the first debate for the candidates seeking the U.S. Senate seat of retiring U.S. Senator Jon Kyl. The hour long debate, starting at 5pm, includes the three candidates running for Senate: Republican Congressman Jeff Flake, Democrat Dr. Rich Carmona, and Libertarian Marc Victor.
August 16, 2012
- VOTE 2012: U.S. Senate Republican Primary Debate | Video
- A debate featuring Congressman Jeff Flake; investment company executive Wil Cardon; small business owner Bryan Hackbarth; and radio talk show host Clair “Van” Van Steenwyk, the four Republican candidates competing to fill retiring Senator Jon Kyl’s seat in the United States Senate.
August 1, 2012
- New Arizona Booster Seat Law | Video
- Starting August 2, Arizona law requires children riding in a motor vehicle to be seated in a child restraint system, such as a booster seat, until their 8th birthday or until they’re at least 4 feet 9 inches tall. AAA Arizona spokesperson Linda Gorman discusses the new law.
June 14, 2012
- CD8 Special Election Politics | Video
- Political consultant Wes Gullett and pollster Mike O’Neil talk about the outcome of the special election to fill former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’ empty seat in Congress and what it says about the current political environment.
January 23, 2012
- Selecting Giffords’ Successor | Video
- Associated Press reporter Paul Davenport explains the process for selecting someone to take Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ seat in Congress.
November 21, 2011
- Arizona Child Safety Task Force | Video
- State Representative Katie Hobbs, a social worker who was hoping to have a seat on the Governor’s Child Safety Task Force, discusses her ideas for reforming Child Protective Services.
November 11, 2011
February 10, 2011
- Senator Kyl Announcement | Video
- Political Analyst Chris Herstam talks about Senator Jon Kyl’s decision not to seek reelection and the politicians who may try to run for his U.S. Senate seat in 2012.
August 12, 2010
September 6, 2007
- City Elections
- sept. 11 is Election Day. In the city of Phoenix, three council seats and the mayoral seat are on the ballot. There are also several ballot measures. Other cities will hold elections that day as well. Arizona Republic columnist Richard De Uriarte will talk about the elections.
April 5, 2006
- Merit Selection v. Election
- A look at the issue through the eyes of two candidates hoping to fill a Pinal County Superior Court Seat: Sitting Judge April Elliot and her opponent Brenda Oldham.