Search Results for: same sex partners
February 28, 2012
- Fast Pitch Philanthropy | Video
- On March 6th Social Venture Partners is holding its "2nd Annual Fast Pitch Social Innovation Expo." It’s the culmination of a seven-week training and mentoring program for innovative nonprofits that are effecting social change. Finalists have three minutes to make a “pitch” that could earn their nonprofit $100,000 in funding. SVP Executive Director Terri Wogan talks about the program.
February 8, 2012
- Florence Copper Project | Video
- Vice Mayor from Florence, Tom Smith and a representative of Southwest Value Partners discuss their opposition to the Florence Copper Project.
January 10, 2012
- Sustainability: Valley of the Sunflowers | Video
- See what happens when a dirt lot in downtown Phoenix is transformed into the Valley of the Sunflowers. VOS partners include Roosevelt Row Community Development Corporation, Phoenix Union Bioscience High School and Intel. This effort activates and beautifies vacant land with sunflowers to be harvested and turned into biofuel.
January 3, 2012
- Entrepreneur Magazine's College Entrepreneur of 2011 | Video
- ASU biomedical engineering junior Gabrielle Palermo is Entrepreneur Magazine's College Entrepreneur of 2011. Palermo and a team of ASU engineering students were honored by the magazine for their work on G3Box, a company they started that converts steel shipping containers into mobile medical clinics. Palermo and G3Box partners Susanna Young and Clay Tyler talk about the business.
September 12, 2011
- Same Sex Health Benefits for State Employees | Video
- State Representative John Kavanagh shares his views on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that agrees with a lower court decision to block an Arizona law from taking effect that would have eliminated same sex health care benefits for domestic partners of state government employees.
September 7, 2011
- Health Benefits for Same Sex Partners of State Employees | Video
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals judges upheld a lower court decision to block an Arizona law from taking effect that would have eliminated same sex health care benefits for domestic partners of state government employees. Dan Barr, the plaintiffs’ attorney in the legal challenge to the law discusses the case.
March 3, 2011
August 19, 2010
- Domestic Partner Benefits | Video
- The latest on the legal challenge to an Arizona law that denies state health benefits to domestic partners of state workers. Dan Barr, an attorney for the plaintiffs; and State Representative John Kavanagh discuss the case.
December 18, 2007
- Governor Napolitano | Video
- Governor Janet Napolitano appears on HORIZON for her regular visit to discuss issues such as state benefits for domestic partners, the 3-in-1 I.D. and the increasing red ink in the state budget.
May 16, 2006
- Battle of Picacho Pass
- Historian Andy Masich and Civil War enthusiast Bill Thompson take viewers back to the western-most battle of the Civil War: The Battle of Picacho Pass.
- Mesa Riverview Project
- Mesa city officials, project developers, representatives of the Bass Pro shop on hand for a long-awaited groundbreaking ceremony this week. The big retail store will anchor the Mesa Riverview.
November 7, 2005
- Illegal Immigration
- Learn about the Southwest Conference on Illegal Immigration, Border Security and Crime, which was held over the weekend and sponsored by Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas.
- Arizona Stories: The Florence Courthouse
- Visit the oldest public building still in use in Arizona, complete with ghosts and great architecture.