Search Results for: returns
June 5, 2014
- Arizona Artbeat: Hooray for Hollywood | Video
- The Phoenix Art Museum is hosting the $1.5 million “Hollywood Costume” exhibit. It features more than 100 costumes, including Marilyn Monroe’s flowing dress from “The Seven Year Itch”, Darth Vadar’s black suit and cape from “Star Wars” and Judy The Phoenix Art Museum is hosting the $1.5 million “Hollywood Costume” exhibit. It features more than 100 costumes, including Marilyn Monroe’s flowing dress from “The Seven Year Itch,” Darth Vadar’s black suit and cape from “Star Wars” and Judy Garland’s blue-and-white gingham pinafore from “The Wizard of Oz.” Phoenix is the fourth and final stop for the exhibit, which returns to Hollywood after its Arizona run ends on July 6.
September 12, 2013
- Same-Sex Couples Tax Filing Status | Video
- The U.S. Treasury and Internal Revenue Service have issued new rules that say all legally married same-sex couples are entitled to the same tax benefits as married heterosexual couples. That new rule resulted from the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling striking down the Defense of Marriage Act, which defined marriage as between a man and a woman. It means same-sex couples can now file joint tax returns. Certified Public Accountants, Jared Van Arsdale and David Walser, discuss what the new rule means for Arizona same-sex couples who are legally married.
November 6, 2012
- VOTE 2012: Election Returns and Analysis | Video
- One hour special at 10 p.m. of election returns and analysis with political consultants Wes Gullett of FirstStrategic, Bob Grossfeld of The Media Guys, and Jay Thorne of Jay Thorne Incorporated.
August 29, 2012
August 28, 2012
- Primary Election Returns | Video
- Hear up-to-the-minute election returns, commentary, and analysis from pollster Mike O’Neil and political consultant Kurt Davis
May 17, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Cirque du Soleil’s KOOZA | Video
- Combining acrobatic performance with the art of clowning, Cirque du Soleil’s KOOZA will be performed under a big top in Glendale from June 8 – July 15. Michael Smith, the artistic director of KOOZA, talks about this production that returns to the roots of Cirque du Soleil.
December 9, 2011
- Journalists’ Roundtable | Video
- Horizon returns with another edition of The Journalists' Roundtable. Arizona journalists discuss the week's top news stories.
November 11, 2011
November 2, 2010
- 8-10pm - Vote 2010: LIVE ELECTION COVERAGE | Video
- Horizon’s Vote 2010 coverage culminates on election night with two full hours of live, up-to-the-minute, election returns and in-depth analysis. Our team of election night analysts includes former political and public affairs consultant Christa Severns; Arizona Republic columnist Bob Robb; Bob Grossfeld, president of The Media Guys; and Stan Barnes, president of Copper State Consulting.
November 12, 2008
- Election Returns Update | Video
- Maricopa County Recorder, Helen Purcell discusses the election, voter turnout and the ongoing processing of ballots.
February 4, 2008
- One on One | Video
- Our non-moderated forum featuring political experts with opposing viewpoints discussing state legislative issues returns tonight with House Republican Spokesman Barrett Marson and former House Democratic Minority Leader John Loredo, who is now a political consultant with Tequida and Gutierrez.
August 16, 2007
- Congressman Harry Mitchell
- First-term Congressman Harry Mitchell of Tempe returns to HORIZON to talk about his first six months on Capitol Hill.
March 28, 2006
- Tax Time
- The deadline is approaching to file your 2005 Income Tax Returns. Representatives from the IRS and the State Department of Revenue talk about issues such as IRS Free File, refunds due to people who did not file 2002 returns, the Earned Income Tax Credit and a new Energy Tax Credit for 2005.
August 30, 2005
- In an effort to quantify ballooning Maricopa County population figures, a mid-decade census survey will be mailed out to residents next week. The survey is important because the state returns nearly $1 billion in tax dollars each year to cities and towns based on population.