Search Results for: retirement
March 6, 2014
- Race to Replace Rep. Pastor | Video
- Long-time Arizona Congressman Ed Pastor announced his retirement last week, and the race to replace him is heating up. Pollster Mike Oâ€™Neil will discuss the situation.
July 15, 2013
- Arizona State Retirement System | Video
- The Arizona State Retirement System is a $28 Billion system with over half-a-million members. Its ten-year-rate of return has been over six percent. Paul Matson, the Chief Executive of the Arizona State Retirement System, will give us a status update on the pension system and will talk about a plan being proposed in congress that would uses private insurance companies to pay out annuities for public pensions.
February 10, 2011
- State Pension Reform | Video
- House Speaker Kirk Adams has introduced legislation to reform Arizona's public employee pension system. Among other things it would raise the retirement age, increase employee's payments and eliminate cost-of-living increases. Speaker Adams discusses.
April 28, 2010
- Rep. Jack Brown Retirement | Video
- After 36 years in the legislature, Representative Jack Brown of St. Johns is retiring. Weâ€™ll talk with the Arizona Democrat about his decision to retire and his long legislative career.
February 27, 2008
February 25, 2008
- Baby Boomers: Preparing for an Aging Workforce—Part 1 | Video
- studies reveal that the U.S. is shifting toward an older workforce. Labor shortages are projected in a growing number of economic sectors and employers are relying on older workers to fill the gap. AARP Director of Workforce Issues Deborah Russell joins HORIZON to discuss how many people are working beyond their traditional retirement age to retain health and other benefits.
July 26, 2007
- Baby Boomer Advice
- From retirement planning to sex to guns, it's all covered in a new book called "Alive and Kicking: Legal Advice…..for Boomers." Kenney Hegland, a U of A Law Professor and one of the authors of the book, will tell us more about his book.
April 4, 2007
- Retirement Planning
- AARP Financial Inc. recently conducted research on the investing habits of Phoenix-area residents who are age 50 and older. The survey found that many are not on track to achieve a secure retirement, feel overwhelmed by mutual fund choices and believe investing is too complex. We talk with Mac Hisey, Chief Investment Officer of AARP Financial about some ways to make retirement planning an simpler, more comfortable experience.
November 15, 2006
- AARP's Bill Novelli
- The largest generation of Americans ever recorded—78 million baby boomers—is nearing traditional retirement age and they are changing the way Americans over 50 live their lives. Boomers are no strangers to the gym, the voting booth, starting new careers, becoming active in their communities, managing their own health care and their 401(k)s. Bill Novelli, CEO of AARP joins HORIZON to talk about this transformation and his new book: “50+: Igniting a Revolution to Reinvent America.”
June 14, 2006
- Teacher Pay Raise
- Will the legislature and the governor come to an agreement before the July 1 budget deadline? HORIZON talks to legislators about the new budget proposals for teacher salaries and retirement.
February 1, 2006
September 22, 2005
- Arizona's Health Insurance Crisis: Insura
- Part four of four
What about health insurance during the retirement years? Some employers continue to pay for it, but many retirees are carrying more of the burden. Patrick Klein of the Arizona State Retirement System is the guest.
- Chief Justice McGregor
- Ruth McGregor, recently appointed Arizona's second female Chief Justice, will join HORIZON to talk about her new role and her interest in increasing the court's public outreach efforts.
July 12, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court
- HORIZON presents its annual look at the just-completed U.S. Supreme Court session. ASU Law professors Paul Bender and Cathy O'Grady join Michael Grant to discuss key rulings and the retirement of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.
July 7, 2005
- O'Connor's Clerks
- Two Arizona Supreme Court Justices are among those who clerked for United States Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who recently announced her retirement. Join Arizona Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth McGregor and newly-appointed Justice Scott Bales as they talk about their time spent clerking with Sandra Day O'Connor.