Search Results for: retail
May 28, 2015
- Convenience Store Crimes Bill | Video
- A bill was passed by the state legislature that bans cities and counties from adopting ordinances that require a retail business to comply with specific security requirements. Critics say it will hamper the ability of cities to fight crime around convenience stores. Former Mesa city councilman Scott Somers will discuss the bill along with lobbyist Mike Williams, who helped draft the bill.
March 11, 2015
- Retail Vacancy Rates | Video
- As another sign of the Valley’s economic recovery, retail vacancy rates for Metropolitan Phoenix have fallen into the single-digit range for the first time since 2008. That’s according to recent retail studies by commercial real estate firm CBRE’s Phoenix office. CBRE Vice President Greg Abbott will discuss the Valley’s 9.6 percent retail vacancy rate.
September 9, 2013
- Arizona Retail Sales | Video
- Arizona retail sales clocked in at $4.47 billion in July, the highest level for the month since before the recession. Arizona State University Economist Dennis Hoffman will discuss what’s behind the increase in sales.
January 23, 2013
- Commercial Real Estate Market | Video
- CBRE has released a year-end report that shows positive news for the Valley’s office, industrial and retail real estate markets. Craig Henig, CBRE’s Senior Managing Director and Arizona Market Leader, talks about the report.
February 2, 2010
- CityNorth Tax Incentives | Video
- What the Arizona Supreme Court ruling on a tax incentive agreement between the City of Phoenix and the developer of the CityNorth retail development means for the future of similar tax incentive deals.
April 16, 2007
- Robyn Waters
- A conversation with the author of The Hummer and the Mini, and one of the trend-spotting marketers who helped make retail chain Target into the competitive operation it is today.
May 16, 2006
- Mesa Riverview Project
- Mesa city officials, project developers, representatives of the Bass Pro shop on hand for a long-awaited groundbreaking ceremony this week. The big retail store will anchor the Mesa Riverview.