Search Results for: restoration
June 5, 2012
- Forest Restoration Contract | Video
- Navajo County Supervisor David Tenney shares his concerns about a major forest-thinning contract that was recently awarded to Pioneer Forest Products by the U.S. Forest Service.
May 22, 2012
- Focus on Sustainability: Forest Management | Video
- The number and intensity of wildfires raging across Arizona has a lot to do with the United States’ forest management policies. We’ll examine some of those policies, and efforts to reform them, with Diane Vosick of NAU’s Ecological Restoration Institute, Dr. Mary Lata of the U.S. Forest Service, and fire history expert Stephen Pyne of ASU’s School of Life Sciences.
June 21, 2011
- Arizona Forest Restoration Products | Video
- Pascal Berlioux, the president and CEO of Arizona Forest Restoration Products, talks about his company’s business model that he says makes it profitable for companies to remove small diameter trees that clog Arizona’s forests creating a severe fire danger.
June 20, 2011
- Congressman Paul Gosar | Video
- The Arizona Congressman discusses the Wallow Fire, the Four Forest Restoration Initiative and a land exchange bill for a Resolution Copper mine near Superior, Ariz.
June 15, 2011
June 14, 2011
- Arizona Centennial: Vulture Mine | Video
- Discovered in 1863 by Henry Wickenburg, the Vulture Mine was Arizona’s most productive gold mine. Now, a group is trying to raise money to renovate the mine’s historic buildings. Bernadine McCollum and Penny Pietre, of the Vulture Mine Preservation and Restoration Association, discuss the mine and efforts to save its crumbling infrastructure.
June 13, 2011
- Forest Health | Video
- Experts say Arizona’s catastrophic wildfires are the result of unhealthy, unnaturally dense forests that are the product of America’s forest management policies. The Four Forest Restoration Initiative (4FRI) is an effort to create healthier ecosystems on parts of four Arizona forests. Learn about the challenges facing 4FRI from stakeholders Wally Covington, Regents’ professor of Forest Ecology and executive director of the Ecological Restoration Institute at Northern Arizona University; Henry Provencio of the U.S. Forest Service; Ethan Aumack of the Grand Canyon Trust and a representative of the Center for Biological Diversity.
June 1, 2010
- Abandoned Mines, Habitat Restoration | Video
- Arizona Bureau of Land Management Director Jim Kenna discusses issues regarding BLM land in our state, including efforts to mitigate danger from abandoned mines and restore natural grasslands.
November 1, 2005
- Phoenix Rio Salado Project
- The City of Phoenix will celebrate the grand opening of the Rio Salado Habitat Restoration Project on Nov. 5. Visitors will enjoy a free Nature Festival following the dedication ceremony. City of Phoenix Project Coordinator Karen Williams joins Michael Grant to talk about the project.
Phoenix Rio Salado Habitat Restoration