Search Results for: replace seat
November 21, 2013
- Disruptive Innovation | Video
- Michael Horn is the Co-founder and Executive Director of Education at The Clayton Christensen Institute For Disruptive Innovation, a think tank that applies the theories of “Disruptive Innovation” to problems in social areas. He will talk about how Disruptive Innovation theories, where innovative, simpler and more affordable ideas replace older, more complicated and expensive ideas, can be used to improve education by identifying the root causes of schools’ struggles and suggest ways to customize learning for students.
October 10, 2012
- Vote 2012: U.S. Senate Debate | Video
- Arizona Horizon hosts the first debate for the candidates seeking the U.S. Senate seat of retiring U.S. Senator Jon Kyl. The hour long debate, starting at 5pm, includes the three candidates running for Senate: Republican Congressman Jeff Flake, Democrat Dr. Rich Carmona, and Libertarian Marc Victor.
August 16, 2012
- VOTE 2012: U.S. Senate Republican Primary Debate | Video
- A debate featuring Congressman Jeff Flake; investment company executive Wil Cardon; small business owner Bryan Hackbarth; and radio talk show host Clair “Van” Van Steenwyk, the four Republican candidates competing to fill retiring Senator Jon Kyl’s seat in the United States Senate.
August 1, 2012
- New Arizona Booster Seat Law | Video
- Starting August 2, Arizona law requires children riding in a motor vehicle to be seated in a child restraint system, such as a booster seat, until their 8th birthday or until they’re at least 4 feet 9 inches tall. AAA Arizona spokesperson Linda Gorman discusses the new law.
June 14, 2012
- CD8 Special Election Politics | Video
- Political consultant Wes Gullett and pollster Mike O’Neil talk about the outcome of the special election to fill former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’ empty seat in Congress and what it says about the current political environment.
May 1, 2012
- BCS Championship | Video
- The BCS has recommended a four-team championship series to replace the current controversial system to determine a champion in college football. Robert Shelton, Executive Director of the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the new plan and how the Fiesta Bowl may be involved.
January 23, 2012
- Selecting Giffords’ Successor | Video
- Associated Press reporter Paul Davenport explains the process for selecting someone to take Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ seat in Congress.
November 21, 2011
- Arizona Child Safety Task Force | Video
- State Representative Katie Hobbs, a social worker who was hoping to have a seat on the Governor’s Child Safety Task Force, discusses her ideas for reforming Child Protective Services.
November 11, 2011
July 12, 2011
- Phoenix Mayoral Race | Video
- Lyhn Bui from the Arizona Republic discusses candidates looking to replace Mayor Phil Gordon in the upcoming mayoral election.
February 10, 2011
- Senator Kyl Announcement | Video
- Political Analyst Chris Herstam talks about Senator Jon Kyl’s decision not to seek reelection and the politicians who may try to run for his U.S. Senate seat in 2012.
August 12, 2010
May 10, 2010
- Supreme Court Nominee | Video
- ASU law professor Paul Bender discusses President Obama’s choice of Elena Kagan to replace retiring Justice John Paul Stevens on the U.S. Supreme Court.
April 22, 2010
- Arizona Department of Commerce | Video
- Director of the Arizona Department of Commerce, Don Cardon, discusses plans to replace the department with a new economic development authority.
February 8, 2010
- New Lawmakers | Video
- Dennis Braswell was named to replace Pamela Gorman in the state senate. There will be other new lawmakers soon as other lawmakers have resigned recently, all to run for congress. Dennis Welch of the Arizona Guardian discusses the changes at the legislature.
May 26, 2009
- Supreme Court Nominee | Video
- ASU law professor Paul Bender talks about Judge Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Souter on the U.S. Supreme Court.
May 7, 2009
- Retiring Justice David Souter | Video
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter is retiring this summer at the end of the Court’s current term. ASU law professor Paul Bender talks about Justice Souter’s impact on the nation’s high court and about President Obama’s opportunity to nominate someone to replace him.
November 20, 2008
- The Next Arizona Governor? | Video
- Bob Robb, political columnist for The Arizona Republic, talks about reports that Governor Janet Napolitano may leave the state to join President-elect Barack Obama's new administration and the woman who would replace her as governor, Arizona Secretary of State Jan Brewer.
September 6, 2007
- City Elections
- sept. 11 is Election Day. In the city of Phoenix, three council seats and the mayoral seat are on the ballot. There are also several ballot measures. Other cities will hold elections that day as well. Arizona Republic columnist Richard De Uriarte will talk about the elections.
April 12, 2007
- Orion Spacecraft
- A new spacecraft called the Orion will soon replace the Space Shuttle. Some components for the new space vehicle will be built here in the Valley by Honeywell Aerospace. Astronaut Mark Kelly and Former Astronaut Bill Gregory talk about the new space vehicle and the parts being built for it in the Valley.
April 5, 2006
- Merit Selection v. Election
- A look at the issue through the eyes of two candidates hoping to fill a Pinal County Superior Court Seat: Sitting Judge April Elliot and her opponent Brenda Oldham.
September 15, 2005
- Robert's Nomination Hearings
- John Roberts has been nominated to replace the late William Rehnquist as chief of the U.S. Supreme Court. Channel 8 is carrying his confirmation hearing gavel to gavel each day this week. ASU Law Professor Paul Bender will talk about the hearings and Roberts' nomination.