Search Results for: replace
March 6, 2014
- Race to Replace Rep. Pastor | Video
- Long-time Arizona Congressman Ed Pastor announced his retirement last week, and the race to replace him is heating up. Pollster Mike O’Neil will discuss the situation.
November 21, 2013
- Disruptive Innovation | Video
- Michael Horn is the Co-founder and Executive Director of Education at The Clayton Christensen Institute For Disruptive Innovation, a think tank that applies the theories of “Disruptive Innovation” to problems in social areas. He will talk about how Disruptive Innovation theories, where innovative, simpler and more affordable ideas replace older, more complicated and expensive ideas, can be used to improve education by identifying the root causes of schools’ struggles and suggest ways to customize learning for students.
May 1, 2012
- BCS Championship | Video
- The BCS has recommended a four-team championship series to replace the current controversial system to determine a champion in college football. Robert Shelton, Executive Director of the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the new plan and how the Fiesta Bowl may be involved.
January 23, 2012
- Selecting Giffords’ Successor | Video
- Associated Press reporter Paul Davenport explains the process for selecting someone to take Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ seat in Congress.
November 11, 2011
July 12, 2011
- Phoenix Mayoral Race | Video
- Lyhn Bui from the Arizona Republic discusses candidates looking to replace Mayor Phil Gordon in the upcoming mayoral election.
August 12, 2010
May 10, 2010
- Supreme Court Nominee | Video
- ASU law professor Paul Bender discusses President Obama’s choice of Elena Kagan to replace retiring Justice John Paul Stevens on the U.S. Supreme Court.
April 22, 2010
- Arizona Department of Commerce | Video
- Director of the Arizona Department of Commerce, Don Cardon, discusses plans to replace the department with a new economic development authority.
February 8, 2010
- New Lawmakers | Video
- Dennis Braswell was named to replace Pamela Gorman in the state senate. There will be other new lawmakers soon as other lawmakers have resigned recently, all to run for congress. Dennis Welch of the Arizona Guardian discusses the changes at the legislature.
May 26, 2009
- Supreme Court Nominee | Video
- ASU law professor Paul Bender talks about Judge Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Souter on the U.S. Supreme Court.
May 7, 2009
- Retiring Justice David Souter | Video
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter is retiring this summer at the end of the Court’s current term. ASU law professor Paul Bender talks about Justice Souter’s impact on the nation’s high court and about President Obama’s opportunity to nominate someone to replace him.
November 20, 2008
- The Next Arizona Governor? | Video
- Bob Robb, political columnist for The Arizona Republic, talks about reports that Governor Janet Napolitano may leave the state to join President-elect Barack Obama's new administration and the woman who would replace her as governor, Arizona Secretary of State Jan Brewer.
April 12, 2007
- Orion Spacecraft
- A new spacecraft called the Orion will soon replace the Space Shuttle. Some components for the new space vehicle will be built here in the Valley by Honeywell Aerospace. Astronaut Mark Kelly and Former Astronaut Bill Gregory talk about the new space vehicle and the parts being built for it in the Valley.
September 15, 2005
- Robert's Nomination Hearings
- John Roberts has been nominated to replace the late William Rehnquist as chief of the U.S. Supreme Court. Channel 8 is carrying his confirmation hearing gavel to gavel each day this week. ASU Law Professor Paul Bender will talk about the hearings and Roberts' nomination.