Search Results for: relief
April 10, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Intel International Science and Engineering Fair | Video
- The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair will be held May 12-17 at the Phoenix Convention Center, with aspiring scientists from all over the world competing. Renee Levin, Intel’s community engagement manager, will talk about the fair. Sarah Sakha, a student from Xavier High School, will talk about her winning project, which seeks to develop emergency food products used in famine relief.
October 17, 2012
- Save Our Home AZ | Video
- Arizona is one of five states included in a $1.5 billion federal program designed to help homeowners avoid foreclosure. Reginald Givens, a Foreclosure Assistance Administrator for the Arizona Housing Department,explains how the program works.
May 2, 2012
- Mortgage Relief Fund Sweep | Video
- Arizona Housing Alliance Executive Director Valerie Iverson explains why her organization is considering legal action after state lawmakers pass a budget that sweeps $50 million from a mortgage settlement fund.
April 23, 2012
- Japan Tsunami Relief & Photography | Video
- Last spring, ASU photography major Airi Katsuta travelled to Japan to volunteer in the earthquake/tsunami recovery effort. Now, she’s selling 1,000 origami cranes to raise money for a return trip to continue her volunteer work. Katsuta talks about her experience in Japan, and she shares some of the photographs she captured during her stay.
November 11, 2011
October 26, 2011
- Mortgage Relief | Video
- Arizona Republic real estate reporter Catherine Reagor explains how a new federal mortgage relief plan could help more Arizona borrowers refinance their upside-down home loans.
October 10, 2011
- La Nina | Video
- Weather forecasters say La Nina is back, promising a warm dry winter and no relief for Arizona’s drought. Learn more about it from Randy Cerveny, an ASU professor of geographical sciences who directs the university’s meteorology program.
July 30, 2008
- The Cost of School Utilities | Video
- Facing the loss of $94 million they use to pay utility bills, some Arizona school districts were concerned that they would have to cut teachers and programs. But now, a provision in the new state budget provides financial relief. We take a look at how it helps.
July 15, 2008
- Artificial Cervical Disc | Video
- An amazing new implant gives patients relief from degenerative disc disease. We take you through one Valley woman's surgery and recovery.
September 8, 2005
- salvation Army Hurricane Relief
- The Salvation Army has set up a donation center to help victims of Hurricane Katrina now living in Veteran's Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix. The center has been a huge success, with Valley residents responding quickly to the needs of the hurricane survivors. We'll talk to a Salvation Army official about the relief effort.
September 6, 2005
- Disaster Relief
- In response to Hurricane Katrina, the American Red Cross is launching the largest mobilization of resources in its history for a single natural disaster. Businesses and organizations across the state are raising funds to send to hurricane victims. A representative from the Grand Canyon Chapter of the American Red Cross joins HORIZON to talk about the effort and how you can help.
April 14, 2005
- Arizona Refinery
- Gas prices are at record highs. A proposed Arizona refinery might bring some relief.
January 20, 2005
- Food for the Hungry
- A Phoenix City Council member has just returned from a village hit hard by the tsunami in south Asia. Horizon spoke to her, and a representative of a local relief agency, about what they saw.
January 4, 2005
- Tsunami Relief
- Food and medical supplies are on the way for those who survived the earthquake and the Tsunami in Southeast Asia. But relief agencies and nonprofit are still asking for support in the aftermath of the worst natural disaster in the past century. We'll look at local efforts to help.