Search Results for: regulations
February 5, 2015
- Legal/Privacy Aspects of New Technology | Video
- Drone legal expert and local attorney James Arrowood will discuss the emerging privacy and legal aspects of drones, fake cell phone towers, license plate readers and other new technology.
July 24, 2014
- Drones | Video
- Drones are expected to be more and more a part of our everyday lives. Attorney James Arrowood of the Frutkin law firm in Scottsdale will discuss the future use of drones and laws and regulations that can help protect us from possible drone abuse.
April 22, 2014
- Moratorium on Regulations | Video
- One of Governor Jan Brewer’s first actions as governor was to impose a moratorium on new regulations. A new report is out on that issue. The Grand Canyon Institute’s report, “Why Arizona’s Regulatory Moratorium is Unnecessary,” reveals how moratoriums can lead to less public oversight and are not meeting the stated goal of creating more jobs. Grand Canyon Institute fellow Karen Smith, who wrote the report, will discuss her findings.
October 15, 2013
- Sustainability: Manufactures Air Quality Conference | Video
- The Arizona Manufacturers Council and the Maricopa County Air Quality Department will be holding an air quality conference for the first time in several years. The conference will feature information regarding air quality standards crucial to manufacturing and the future of air quality regulations. Bert Acken, an environmental attorney for the firm Ryley, Carlock & Applewhite, will discuss the conference and air quality issues important to manufacturers.
August 27, 2013
- High School Sports Concussions | Video
- On the eve of the start of the high school football season in Arizona, new regulations are being implemented limiting full contact during football practice. Also, a new video game aimed at educating young people about concussions is being released. Concussion expert Dr. Javier Cardenas of the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s hospital and Dr. Tamara McLeod from A.T. Still University will discuss efforts to cut down on concussions among high school athletes.
March 21, 2013
- New EPA Haze Regulations | Video
- New Environmental Protection Agency regulations on haze have some Arizona leaders saying that the regulations could lead to higher energy costs and a loss of jobs. State lawmakers want to allow states to set air standard regulations. Sandy Bahr of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club and Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne will discuss the issue of haze regulation.
November 8, 2010
- Navajo Generating Station | Video
- A public forum will be held November 15th to consider the impact on water and energy users if expensive federal pollution regulations force the closing of the coal-fired Navajo Generating Station in Northeastern Arizona. Susan Bitter Smith, President of the Central Arizona Project’s Board of Directors, discusses the issue.
More information on the forum